Chapter 20: Love

Shoto POV

We were on our way up to Terra's room in silence.....my relationship with my father was always terrible and I didn't really want to thank him....but he did save her.... "Thank you....." He just nodded knowing what I was trying to convey to him.

"It's my job Shoto....."

"I'm saying thank you because she is important to me....I don't know if you meant anything you said but thank you for saving her." My father didn't answer me after that neither confirming or denying what I had said. Maybe he didn't know himself. We got to the door and Freiya was waiting outside the room. When she saw me she smiled at me.

"Well if it isn't my future son in law!" To that Endeavor glared at her slightly and she just gave him a sarcastic smirk. "I'll take him from here Enji, I know you have to get back to work."

"Yes..... Shoto I'll come get you tomorrow so we can finish up your internship Recovery Girl is on her way for all of you." I nodded at him and Terra's mom then took the wheelchair and opened the door.

Terra was sitting in a chair looking out the window. Her glasses had been crushed so she didn't have them on and her hair was down instead of up in its usual fashion. She was still very beaten up but in a way still so pretty. When her mom opened up the door and she looked over and saw me I couldn't contain myself any longer when she smiled at me beaten and bruised. I didn't notice I was crying but the tears were just falling. Even though I wasn't supposed to I got up out of my chair and ran over to her. Her mom just smiled and parked the chair and left and closed the door. I stopped before I reached her though as she got up. I wanted to squeeze the life out of her. She stumbled a bit but looked at me and chuckled holding her arms out to me.

"You can hug me I won't break." And in that moment I grabbed her and didn't want to let go.

Reader POV

I have to admit his hug hurt. It was a hurt I welcomed though. I hadn't felt Todo's touch in weeks and it was something I missed more then anything. He held onto me silent for a moment and then let go. He put his head on my chest, it was like he was looking for my heart beat, to check if I was real and not just a figment of his imagination. "I thought I lost you....." He was really worried about me.

"Todo it's okay... I'm alive...." I caressed his head and put my fingers through his hair.

"Terra to feel how lifeless you were in my arms....it was something I don't ever want to experience again....."

"Todo I am so sorry I put you through all of that...."

"I don't want to lose you; I never want to lose you...."

"I'm okay Todo....I'll be okay..."

"You're not okay......you hurt....your missing part of your arm..... all those things you said...... are you sure your okay....? It's okay if your not" he put his arm around my waist and I felt my shirt getting soaked with tears.

"Believe it or not.....I am better then okay....yeah the interview wasn't ideal, but.....I can finally let go of him...of my past....Todo I can finally really move forward.... I may have lost a part of my arm but I would do it again to save you. If my arm was the cost of my freedom I gladly pay it.... I was ready to die to keep him away from you and the others."

"Don't say that...."

"No I mean it, that's what it means to be a hero...you know that as well as I do..... This will be the first of many battle wounds, but to save you........." I lifted his head up to look at me. "I would do anything, because I love you Shoto." in that moment there was no hesitation, no adolescent blushing from him the second it left my lips he sealed them with his. He was kissing me. It was passionate and pure all at the same time, I felt the need from him, but gentleness as if I would fade away.