Chapter 41.5: The Next Life

Gasp!

Breath filled his lungs as he jolted up from a bed, sweating and in a panic.

He had died..... how was he here.....where even was he......it was strange and being woken up felt like he had been thrown into another body. His head ached as he tried to adjust to the darkness of wherever the fuck he was. He was almost unfamiliar with his surroundings as he looked at the apartment around him, where was he and how did he get here? Who's bed was this? Why was this apartment so nice? Whoever's it was the sheets were thrown all over and the fitted sheet had even come off the bed. He examined himself to see scratches all over his chest and he was so disoriented when he thought about Terra.

Being where he was now he thought of her, Where was she? She had just been right here with his whole family....he was confused as to where he was since he was just dying in a hospital bed, which made him upset to think about now that he was awake somewhere else.... It was all so strange and made his head hurt to where it felt like it would split in two......and that was when he smelled it.

Bacon....

He could hear the sizzling of it coming from another room and smell its sweet aroma and jazz playing in the background..... He stumbled to his feet half awake and went to the door and opened it immediately regretting his actions. The light hit his eyes and made him stumble forcing them shut as he heard things fall off of a shelf or something while he was trying to get a grip on his surroundings, literally. He felt like he was about to pass out when he heard the pitter patter of feet against the floor and a gentle arm grabbing and caressing his skin on his arm, helping him upright.

"You okay Touya?" A familiar voice asked with a concerned tone. He blinked a few times becoming accustomed to the light outside the bedroom. "You drank so much last night at the gala that Shoto had to help me get you into bed and I thought it just best to let you sleep as long as you wanted, but that's one hell of a hangover." the voice teased when he saw a blob of blue coming into focus in front of him. He was almost surprised to see who that blob was.

"Terra?" he questioned making her chuckle and check his forehead with the back of her hand.

"Well yeah who else would it be? Are you still drunk?" She asked. She was slightly older then he last remembered her in his mind at least 21. She had long blue hair the color of his flames going to her waist. Thick black glasses adorned her face as it had lost all of its childhood pudginess, her body was flawless and her left arm perfectly intact. She was wearing a T-shirt that was big on her with just underwear underneath. the T-shirt looked more like something he would wear the what she would. Looking at her caused tears to fall down his face without his consent as flashes of their life together came to his consciousness. "Woah, woah, woah, Dabi are you okay?" She asked grabbing his face with her hands. Her cold hands against his staples felt familiar, loving in fact. He hadn't noticed he was crying and quickly turned around to wipe them away.

"Yeah...yeah I'm fine...." he said. Why was he crying? Was it because of that weird dream? That's right....it was a dream, he thought.

"Was it that weird dream again? The one where I am missing an arm and Shoto is my boyfriend? I told you not to worry about it...." She said as he turned around.....

"Yeah....." He said, "It was weird.....i died in it" He said making her look at him in concern.

"Really? Are you feeling okay? What happened?" She asked at they sat at their breakfast bar. She grabbed his hand with her delicate and un scared left hand and placed it on his. It was cool to the touch as her pale skin looked almost ghostly next to his, her quirk making her run a little colder then usual.

"I was dying in the hospital and my whole family was there. Enji, mom, Fuyumi, Natsuo and Shoto were all there to say goodbye after I had been hurt trying to help you escape some building." He said trying to recall the full dream. "I don't remember what I said to anyone but I remember the last thing I saw before I died, was you.....i told you I would find you in my next life and I would be with you instead of Shoto." He said the thought of Terra being with Shoto made his blood boil. Sure he and Shoto got a long fine and Shoto was a great person, but Terra was his. She sat silently listening to him the whole time smilinga the end.

"Well someone is a Romantic, really Touya I would have never expected you to be so cheesy." She said poking him in the chest. He rolled his eyes, but she stood up and grabbed his face quickly kissing him deeply. The cold of her lips melding perfectly to the heat of his while he wrapped his arms around her holding her closely to him. She stayed in his arms looking up at him smiling.

"Ya know they do say that our dreams could be linked to paralell demensions or past lives, so maybe i did see my own death."

"God I hope you didn't......" She said holding him tighter"...but if you did I am glad you are here with me and not gone forever. So technically..."

"I got exactly what I wanted." He said kissing her forehead.

"Cheeseball." She said chuckling against his touch.

But it didn't matter, she was right, he was with her here and now in this world so whatever the other Touya wanted to see.....He definitely got to see it, the only life he wanted.

A life with Terra.

Special Appearance from Dabi and Terra from my other story Cold Hearted (Dabi x oc)