Chapter 34: Trapped in Darkness

Terra POV

I was at a loss for words. I couldn't fathom the fact that he was here in front of me. His face and name were different but I would never forget him.

Ever.

His former red hair was now jet black. Dark patches of skin now adorned him all over; under his eyes, his jaw down to his chest and his hands were all burnt to the point of permanent damage all being cling to his form by staples. Without knowing it I flung myself at him and tears fell down my face. His skin was hot and leathery.

"H-how.....?" I stuttered out holding onto him. He looked down at me smirking.

"I said I'd come back for you didn't I?" He said smoothly.

"Stain said you died."

"He only thought I did. I was caught and arrested in Korea. I just got out a month ago and I've been looking for you ever since." He said sincerely.

"Yo Dabi that's the girl we were sent o find huh? Said the masked individual behind him. His presence knocked me back into reality. Things weren't the way they used to be. Dabi was attacking my school.....he was trying to hurt my friends.

"You were sent to find me?" I asked pushing myself off of him. "Why are you here? Why are there Nomu? Why are you attacking me and my friends?" I asked backing away. My eyes darted in every direction trying to find an escape or water to defend myself my arm evaporating under the awful heat. Dabi noticed my eyes darting and walked closer to me inching me towards a wall of fire.

"There's no place to run little bird." He said smirking as he backed me into a corner.

"Why is the league after me?" I asked timidly. I was afraid of the answer. Did they want to brain wash me? Blackmail me?

"Oh they aren't. I am." He retorted.

"But-"

"Compress-" He said flatly and before I could turn around I was flung into darkness hearing everything around me but unable to see what was going on.

Shoto POV

I was desperately looking through the woods for Terra the second the explosion went off. She wasn't where
I expected her to be and both Bakugo and I were about to split up to search for people when we saw Tokoyami storming around as dark shadow. He had completely lost control and was chasing after Shoji and Midoriya.

Taking down Tokoyami was easy and after everyone settled in we continued our search for our friends.

"I'm surprised Terra isn't with either of you....." Midoriya said tiredly.

"I thought she was with Aoyama but I haven't seen him either. They probably both went back to camp." Shoji said hopefully.

"I hope so....but I highly doubt it..... she's around somewhere and I'm starting to get worried...." I said timidly.

"She will be fine. Elsa is always fine. Let's get going." Bakugo said trudging in front of all of us.

We continued ahead silently until we found Ururaka Tsyu and a girl I didn't recognize who was laying under Ururaka. Her combat skills had come far getting one of the villains in her grasp. The girl was a blond girl in a school uniform but no uniform I recognized. When she saw our group she giggled quickly shoved Ururaka off of her retractinga needle that had been stuck in her thigh. She quickly ran off into the forest as we ran to assist her and Asyu.

"What are you guys doing here? Oh my god, Deku are you okay?!" She yelled outbwith concern. Midoriya was broken all over and even I admit this is the roughest I have ever seen him.

"You heard the announcement earlier right? The villains are after Katsuki." Midoriya answered her. She looked at us with confusion.

"Then where is Bakugo exactly?" We all immediately looked back in shock! Both he and Tokoyami were gone!

"I don't understand they were right behind us....." I said.

"Well my dear boy!" Yelled a booming voice. "That would be me! Names Compress. Mr. Compress." We looked to the tops of the trees and looking to see a man with a mask similar to one of the faces of tragedy standing before us with two small marbles held between his fingers. "I made them disappear with magic!" Magic? No way this had to do with his quirk.

"You took Tokoyami and Bakugo didn't you?!" Shoji yelled at the man angrily. The man started to chuckle flicking the marbles from hand to hand.

"He's not the only one I took. Earlier my boss had me take a very pretty girl with blue hair and mismatched eyes," WHAT?!?! They took Terra?!? "But she's with the boss safe and sound so these two are the only ones you need to worry about." Without hesitation I tried freezing the man in place before he flew off, hopefully in the direction of Terra and her captor. I immediately started running after them Shoji being the only one who could keep up with me.

Please, oh please let me reach her in time.

I wasn't sure how or why she was being held separately from the others but it didn't matter. I wanted her back and I was going to do anything to get her back.

Anything.

Dabi POV

I had her I finally had her. I had been waiting and waiting for so long to see her again and now I finally had her. She had changed so much. Changes I would have to ask her about later......but now I was just happy she was back where she belonged. They could brainwash her all they wanted into being a hero but I knew I would bring her back to reality. After twice and I had sent out several diversions of him posing as myself we decided it was time to meet everyone to escape. I sent kirogiri a quick message and twice and I were on our way.

"How did you know that girl would come?" Twice A said

"Yeah she was hot for a high school girl!" Twice B added.

"First of all back off and second of all...she knows me better then anyone in this world. I knew the second she saw my fire she would run straight towards it. She was always a headstrong idiot."

"I'm surprised you got handsy to agree to taking her too." Twice A joked as we walked along.

"I hate that guy!" Twice B added again.

"Their was no room for negotiation. I knew she was in this class and only agreed to join shiguraki when he told me she was here. Enough questions we are reaching the meeting point." I said trying to silence twice. He was a cool guy but annoying as fuck. We went over into the middle of the forest to an opening where we immediately saw Toga skip over to us.

"How many did you get?" I asked her. Her blood recepticle looked bead empty. She pout at me.

"Only one. Too many people around for me to get anymore but it should be enough." She said happily. I rolled my eyes as her and twice had a conversation. All we were waiting for now was Compress who I saw flying through the air. I quickly sent a text to the warp gate before hearing something collide in the air. Four students ran into compress causing him to drop one of his two marbles containing the students we needed. I quickly grabbed one as a kid with several arms grabbed the other. I looked down at the marble to check smiling when I noticed it was the one we needed.

"Too bad. You were so close." I chuckled as the students ran at us full force screaming to let their friends go and Kirogiri's warp gate opened up. While everyone else went through the gate I looked at the students. I showed them the two marbles I had between my fingers.

"Release them now!" Shoto yelled from a distance. I chuckled deeply before Compress released them

POOF

in front of me was Terra her eyes wide with surprise and next to her was Bakugo being held by Twice. She tried to run as Shoto ran towards her but I grabbed her by the arm pulling her in and gently putting my hand around her neck and my face next to hers as the warp gate started to swallow us.

"Poor Shoto....." He said causing Shoto to freeze in shock for a moment long enough for us to be consumed by the gate and ended up directly at the bar. Immediately Bakugo was held down and cuffed as Terra just looked at the wall in disbelief hoping that the boy wasn't really gone from her sights.

I had her now. And I wouldn't be letting her go.