Chapter 33: The Test of Courage

Terra POV

Aoyama and I were the fourth group to go in. We waited next to each other as Shoto and Bakugo passed us by before heading in themselves.

"Good luck you Terra. Your gonna need it." Shoto said with a self satisfied smile.

"I have no idea what your talking about Todo!" I said quickly trying to hide my fear as he and Bakugo chuckled at my expression. Great they were about
To bond over scaring the crap out of me. I watched as Shoto and Bakugo nonchalantly walked together in their group into the woods. I could only imagine how class B would do scaring us. Some of them had some amazing quirks that I was excited to see them use creatively.......

"Terra are you shaking?" Asked Midoriya as Aoyama was already latched to my arm in fear.

Okay maybe I was a little scared.....

"Me shaking? Pffft nah....." I said trying to calm down the shaking.

Okay I was terrified.

I hate jumpscares and even anticipating them did nothing to subdue my fears. I could handle blood gore and violence.....but something that always scared me was jumpscares. My asshole of a best friend/ fiancé in my time with Stain always took advantage of that....

"Wow the former villain is scared?" Tokoyami teased. I glared at him thinking of a snappy comeback but Before I could I heard Aoyama and my name called.

"Aoyama and Porter it's your up!"

"It's our turn!" I said trying to hide my fear knowing I was fooling no one. I practically had to drag Aoyama into the forest. "Come Aoyama on! We need to-AHHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed out hugging out for dear life as I hear rustling in the bushes. Aoyama grabbed onto me. We clinged to each other for dear life when he slightly scowled.

"Not afraid mon Cher?" He said slightly condescending through his shivering.

"Yeah yeah yeah let's keep going....." I said as neither of us began to move.

"I'm not letting go i don't know about you mon Cher but I am terrified....." I looked at him giving up my terrible fecade that I wasn't actually scared.

"Me too. Let's get going and stay close....." I said at we continued holding onto each other for dear life. Walking cling onto each other was not an ideal way to get around and in a horror film we would already be deader then dead but having someone to scream with was oddly comforting.

Shoto POV

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" We heard screaming in the distance as we walked the trail. It was easy to tell it was Terra, she hated stuff like this.

"How is she such a fucking baby?" Bakugo asked irritated as we boredly went through the trail. All we heard for the past 10 minutes was Terra and Aoyama screaming in the distance which was impressive if I was being honest. Our groups were a few apart so I was relatively far apart from each other.

"Every time we watch movies where things jump out at you she screams and clings onto the person closest to her. We watched SAW once and she didn't flinch unless that pig thing that kidnaps people came on the screen."

"Jeez the ice queen gets scared. Who woulda known...."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"  There she is again. I can't imagine Aoyama is breathing right now with the vice grip she has.

Terra POV

Aoyama and I were breathing pretty heavily when we decided to take a mini break.

"I hate this..I hate...everything about...this!" I said panting inbetween words. I was sitting by a tree while Aoyama was almost lifeless laying on the ground not even caring his clothes were getting dirty that's how scared he was. Aoyama simply nodded silently too afraid to speak. "Class B is doing a really good job. I can't even fathom how we could top this....."

BOOM!!!

"What was that?!" I yelled out at Aoyama got up quickly.

"It was probably just a prank. We should keep moving....." he said unsure until we looked over to see blue flames in the distance dancing around the trees and boxing us in.

Blue flames...! I only knew one person who could use blue flames like this. There was no way.... no way it could be him. I looked over into the distance to see where the flames were the largest.

"Aoyama go back to camp immediately." I felt trees coming down by us nearby.

"Terra What is going-" before he could finish his sentence I put my hand onto his mouth and pulled him into a large bush near us. He struggled for a single sentence before understanding my rash actions.

In front of us was a Nomu. It was huge and muscular and it's meer presence causes Aoyama to shake in my arms. I held him tight to me as the Nomu looked around for the noises it had just heard. That thing could obliterate us in a single moment. Behind the Nomu was a small puddle of water enough for me to form an arm. All he had to do was pass us.

We tried to quiet our breathing when he came closer to us. We both stopped breathing and as he reached the bush. A squirrel caught his attention and he quickly ran after it into a deeper part of the woods.

After a moment I let go of Aoyama and we both took deep breaths. Getting out of the bush I ran to the puddle and collected what I could. It was barely enough to make an arm but it worked out. Aoyama was scared in place and unmoving. I immediately went up to him and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Aoyama I know what I am about to ask is a lot. I know you want to hide. I know your scared but you are a hero. More hero then you know. I need to go to go investigate that explosion. I need you to find the groups behind us and warn them about this quickly."

"But what about the groups on the trail and our classmates in front!" He yelled terrifiedly

"We can't move faster then that thing so sadly they will sadly have to figure it out soon. I would love to run and find Shoto but it's not safe or smart for either of us. He and Bakugo and everyone else are strong. Aoyama please warn the people behind us." I squeezed a little harder and he nodded shakily.

"Ok Mon Cher I will do it!" he said as confidently as he could through crippling fear

"I'll be back to camp as soon as I can if you find groups stay together. This is an organized attack that will focus on small numbers of students."  He nodded and with that he was off running into the distance and I was off as well towards the center of the fire. I needed to know I had to see for myself.

I ran through the forest ignoring exhaustion and the scrapes and tears I was getting from running in the forest With no abandon. I didn't even collect any water on my way only focused on the fire ahead of me......

I ran and ran and ran until I came to a clearing. The second I entered the clearing I knew I was trapped. A wall of fire erupting behind me closing me into the large clearing. I looked behind me to see the fire blazing making sure I could escape. I quickly looked around as I walked cautiously towards the center to see two figures emerging from the fire itself. One of them was a man in a grey and black tight suit. I had never met him before but he looked like a cheap knock off deadpoool. The second figure was someone I could never forget. Someone who brought me back from the darkness Stain tried to keep me in. He was my salvation. He was everything to me in my villain days.....but he was so different then I remembered him. Skin burnt and scared beyond repair bing held to his face arms and chest by staples.... his red hair now black as night. He walked right up to me with a smirk on his face. My jaw wide open as he came face to face with me.

"T-t" I stuttered as he put out his finger and placed it on my lips.

"That name is no longer mine. Call me Dabi."