Chapter 8 - Confessions

"Star, can we talk about what happened back at the monster temple?" As soon as Star heard that she stopped. If things went wrong, she wouldn't want their friendship to be ruined. Marco noticed Star wasn't speaking, this worried him a bit. "Star? Are... are you alright?" There was no reply. "It's alright, you don't have to talk about it. I shouldn't have even brought it-"

"No," Star started, interrupting interupting Marco. "it's alright. But promise me this, if things get, how should I say this, weird promise me we'll still be friends."

"Everything with you is weird, in a good way, and of course we'll still be friends! Without you, I would have never gotten close to Jackie, met Pony head, Kelly and Tom and I would've probably be bullied for being a 'Safe Kid'. Without you, I would've been a completly different person."

Star was happy she made Marco a better person. But that's what worried her.

What if I do something to upset him? Star thought. What if... what if he gets hurt! That thought scared her the most. She didn't want to upset him and definitely didn't want him to get hurt.

Eventually, Star spoke. "Marco, I'm happy your here in Mewni, everything would be boring without you! If you weren't here, just imagine, I would have Tom close to me for who knows how long, and I wouldn't have you to share your super awesome nachos with! We wouldn't be able to dimension hop anymore, and we wouldn't be able to have Friendship Thursday's anymore. Look... what I'm trying to say is I'm happy you stayed and that I never want our relationship to be ruined or for you to get hurt. You're important to me, Marco! I don't want to lose you!" Star's eyes started to well with tears. She ran into Marco and hugged him tight, like he was about to be taken away from her never to be seen again.

"Star, you won't lose me! Even if i do get hurt, or worse, i'll still be right here." Marco took his finger and placed it on Star's chest, right where her heart is.

Star held her chest with one hand and held Marco with the other, all while her head was buried in his chest. "Star?"
Marco asked. Star looked up at him with a curious expression. "I...I..." Marco's heart was pounding, "I love-"

Marco wad interupted by Star's door opening. As it opened the two jumped back with red faces. Moon walked in and thankfully she didn't see anything.

"We'll finish this later." Marco whispered before Moon actually came in.

"Star, Marco, I hope i'm not interupting anything?"

"What? No, no, no." Star said, still covered in blush.

"Really? Because... never mind. Anyway, I don't think Toffee is dead."

"What? Why would you say that?"

"Because if he was dead, the magic would go back to normal, but it hasn't."

"Really? Then what should we do, Moon?" Marco asked.

"I have a plan, we should-" Star started.

"No!" Both Marco and Moon said in sync.

"What? I was just going to say get as much backup as possible, prepare and then fight him." Although the two both knew that wasn't Star's original plan, Moon thought it wasn't a bad idea.

"Good thinking, Star."

"See?" Star screamed trying to prove a point. Marco and Moon just rolled their eyes. "So, who should we ask first? What about Lekment, he could revive the high commission and then we could tell them the plan." Moon's face grew a frown. "Mom? What's wrong?"

"Star, Lekment, he's dead."

"What? How? Never mind, who should we call?"

"Mabye we should ask a few people from different dimensions. Do you know anyone?" Moon asked.