Chapter 9 - A new addition to the Grandma Room

"Good Morning, Star." Marco said as he woke up. Although he never got a reply. "Star?" He looked over to where Star was the night before and he couldn't see her anywhere. Marco got up out of bed and put his shoes on. He didn't need to change as he and Star slept in their clothes.

As Marco was about to get out of his room and look for Star, he found a note lying on his desktop. Marco picked it up and read it. It said; "Hi, Marco! I'm not in your room because I felt really hungry, Haha! I didn't want to wake you because you looked so cute and peaceful. Anyway, I'll be in the kitchen making us some food. Unless you don't get this because I came back before you woke up. In that case HI FUTURE ME!

-Star ❤🦋"

"Really? Star left me alone in a castle I barely know my way around? She's a great friend." Marco said, sarcastically. "I should probably go look for Star." As Marco left the room, he went down different corners and corridors, hoping to find the kitchen. Marco sort of knew his way around, on account of Star showing him the way yesterday, but he did keep getting lost.

"Star? Are you in here?" Marco asked when he entered almost every door he saw. When he opened it he saw a lot of portraits of past Queens. "Woah. This must be the Grandma room, Star was telling me about!" He started looking at all of the portraits and started reading them, but one in particular caught his eye, Star's portrait. It was a portrait of him and Star standing side by side, but they looked different, almost... older. As Marco walked over to the portrait, a pedestal came out of the ground with writing on it, which Marco read aloud.

"Star, the Underestimated
was sent to train on earth,
She returned with her partner, Marco,
then came a Mewman hybrid birth."

"Wait, hybrid? Are me and Star going to-" Marco was interupted by a pair of feet meeting contact with the floor in the corridor.
_________________

"Man, I hope Marco will like my pancakes." Star spoke as she was walking back to Marco's room. "I haven't seen him so he's probably still asleep." As she was walking she noticed a door was left open, so she went to investigate.

As she got there, she saw Marco looking at a portrait of her and Marco. "Marco? What are you doing? Man I haven't been in here for a while. I guess they've already added my portrait in. Fun fact, these things can tell your future if you see this when your young." Marco was just standing there with a bit of blush in his cheeks. "Marco? Are you okay?" Marco just nodded. "Okay? I'm just going to read my description." Star walked over and started reading her description in her head. "Oh... That's why you're... you're acting weird." Star grew a bit of blush as well.

"Yeah. Mabye we should just forget about this for a while and have some pancakes." Marco was pointing at the pancakes Star made.

"Yeah, why not? Then we'll watch some movies." As the two were getting out if the room they were spotted by Moon coming their direction.

"Star? What are you doing? You know you're not allowed in there!"

"I know, Mom, but-"

"It was me!" Marco spoke up. Star was shocked she couldn't believe Marco tried to protect her. That was twice now. "I was looking for her then I stumbled into the room."

"Nice try, Marco but I know it was Star. It's sweet how you're protecting her though." Moon said with a slight smile, making the two teens blush.

"But i'm not lieing, Moon! I swear it was me!"

"Ok, fine it was you, but don't think I won't keep an eye on you, Star!"

"Gee, Thanks, Mom. You really love your daughter." Star sarcastically said.