2. Escape

"But Sanj, I don't even go to this party. I want to snuggle up in my bed and eat ice cream." I whined.

"Get your nasty ass up from that bed before I come there and throw you out of the window." She replied. She really wanted me to go to this stupid party my father was going to throw which he says is a homecoming party for me but we all know its an open ground for rich businessmen and deals worth more than me and my life.

Expensive dresses spread all over my bed and this was the seventh dress my 'I'm not a perfectionist and no, I don't have OCD so shut up.' best friend made me try. I always teased her for wanting everything in order and cleaned up. She was the Monica to my Rachel, just like them I was always messing things up and she was always cleaning up after me.

"You sure this isn't bothering you?" I asked her as I took off the dress and threw it along with the other dresses and she handed me another one to try. I know all she wanted to do was pick up the dresses, make the bed for the fourth time in an hour and clean the whole room but I always teased her about it and she denied it every time so she is trying really hard not to but, me being me, I'm making it harder for her by making more mess.

"No Naina, this isn't bothering me. I like this dress and you're going to wear it or else I'll whoop your ass."

'hah, there it is! I've annoyed her! oh I love this shit, I know I'm evil.' I thought.

"bleh."

"Bitch, please don't irritate me now and get ready. Your hot piece of ass fiancé is also going to be there so I don't want you to look like trash even though you are but we can use some make up and you'll become prettier trash!"

I took my ice cream tub from the mini fridge along with a bottle of red wine. Trust me, that's the best combination ever and it tastes like heaven. After half a bottle of wine and a tub of ice-cream, we both finally got ready.

The dress that Sanjana made me wear was what I like to call "elegantly slutty". It was a champagne coloured dress with sequins all over it. It was a full sleeved dress and the only reason for it to be called elegant. It reached till mid thigh and hugged my curves pretty tightly, that is the slutty part, not that it offended me but I just wasn't comfortable in it. My high heels were also sparkly. I felt like a disco-ball. My family was going to be there. I had no idea why would she make me wear this.

Sanjana wore a dress similar to mine in black and silver. She was beautiful, she could pull off any outfit. She could wear a garbage bag and still look gorgeous. And then there's me...I look like a 50 day old piece of shit even when I dress up. At least that's what I think.

I drove to the venue, my dad's one of the many fortunes. Our farmhouse was on the countryside and very far off the city. There wasn't any farm related business that went on there. Just a very large field bordered by a lots of flowers of different kinds and at the front was the house. It was a modern three-storey house with expensive interiors. It was only for parties like this, other than that we never visited.

We got out of the car and one of the drivers took the car at the back for parking it. The ambiance was well lit, with fairy lights in the garden and in the backyard and all the lights fitted in the house were switched on.

"There she is!" My father's voice beamed through the air as we walked in. Everyone turned their heads towards me and I felt really self-conscious. I walked towards my dad and gave him a hug.

"Hello everyone." I said to the few men my father was talking to. He introduced them but I don't really remember their names.

All the introductions with people went on for a while. I was exhausted after all the socialisation I  did. It was a lot for me to be honest. The only reason I don't go out that much. And I really don't want to mention my mother because she can be worse than a migraine.