3. Pickup Lines

The club wasn't crowded, it was still pretty early for people to party and the place was really hidden so I don't think many people knew about it. I mean, I didn't and I've lived in this city for almost all my life.

We ordered our drinks and while I was checking my phone, I heard Shiv talking to a girl who was trying really hard to ignore him, it was really funny.

"You must be Cinderella, because I see that dress disappearing by midnight." And she got up after giving him a look that showed that she wasn't interested and walked away, leaving me laughing.

"What was that? Did you think she was a 5 year old? Because trust me, Disney related pickup lines don't work on adults who can legally commit fornication." I said, still laughing.

"Ha-ha, so funny. Maybe you could try something, I can see plenty of guys."

"You realise that I'm a girl right? I don't even need to say anything and the guys-well the ones who aren't gay would be DTF." I said with a smirk.

"Come on it will be fun! We will see who wins. Use shittiest pickup lines you could and let us see who can be the worse." He said.

Really? He wanted to play?

"Fine but you have to make sure I'm safe because I'm a girl and people can be really desperate."

"Alright. Let's add a twist while we are at it. We take a shot every time we get rejected. What do you say?" I heard a challenge in his voice and it didn't really matter because my plan was to get drunk anyway.

"This game is so on! You are going to lose and end up drunk." And I laughed which actually came out as a really inhuman sound.

"We'll see." He said and winked, mimicking what I did before. This bitch!

"You go first." I was really not the one to start things though I can end them really well.

He walked over to a girl sitting on a couch, scrolling through her phone. She was wearing a really short dress with a really low neckline. Damn, she looked desperate. To clarify, no I wasn't trying to call her names but one should at least try to cover up.

I followed Shiv not too close but at a distance from where I would be able to listen to his pickup line. He sat down next to her. She didn't even look up from her phone! Shiv moved closer, too close but she still didn't look up and didn't even move. I mean, the audacity to not move when a stranger is basically in your really really personal space.

"Wanna play a game?"

"What game?" She finally looked up and her face looked confused.

"Its called Titanic. You be the ocean and I go down on you." He flashed his best smile but her hand wiped it away.

"Oh its the first slap of the night! How's your cheek doing?" I said, laughing frantically when he stood up and walked over to me.

"Actually feels good. I kind of deserved it after that one." He said referring to the nasty pickup line he used. "Its your turn. I'll be right behind you if you need me." He assured me and took a shot as the rule said.

I looked around the club looking for the least desperate looking guy. I noticed a guy sitting at the bar looking really upset. He looked like he was here to drown his sorrows down by getting drunk and not to look for girls. I felt bad for one split second that he already looks sad and I'm probably going to bother him but I went for it anyway.

I went over to him and tapped him over his shoulder. "Hey!"

"Hi?" He asked it more like a question showing that he was confused.

"You know I can turn that software into hardware." I said, trying to sound sexy but my voice sounded more like a dying whale.

I can't believe I actually said that...Oh shit what's wrong with me? Why would I say that?

"Huh?" He is really confused. "Is this a prank? Because I really don't think you should say that to random strangers." He said and I heard Shiv laugh really loudly behind me. He is dead.

"I'm sorry." I said and hurried away from him before I could be any more embarrassed. I can't believe I really did that and got rejected. I went to the bartender and took a shot.

.

All these went on for a really long time and I was obviously the winner because I had to drink 3 shots but Shiv had to drink 6 and he still wasn't as drunk as I was. We left the club after a while and I don't really remember anything after that other than the decision I made about going back to London for a few more years and working before I got married.

.

I woke up with a really bad headache. I took notice of my surroundings and I realised I wasn't in my room. It looked like a hotel room. Why was I in a hotel room?

I then realised that I was naked under the sheets. Oh my God! What did I do!? HOLY SHIT! My dress was on the floor. I turned my head with horror to see who was on the other side of the bed.

Oh no! Not him! Out of all the people it had to be him! He was still sleeping and I felt like screaming really loud but my throat was dry and no voice came when I tried to speak. I've got to stop drinking, it leads to situations like this.

His long, curled lashes fluttered and he opened his eyes to show his greenish-brown eyes. They widened with shock as soon as he realised what had happened.

"Oh fuck! What did we do?" He asked me in a raspy-morning voice.

"What does it look like?" I shot back in annoyance.

"Oh this is bad." He got up from the bed but he was naked.

"Shiv!" I shrieked and he picked up a pillow to cover himself and walked to the bathroom.

.

"Okay we cannot tell this to anyone. It would complicate everything." He said while I was driving.

"I don't even remember how it happened. Why are we so stupid!?"

"You've been asking the same question since 20 minutes and how many time do I have to tell you that I don't remember!?" Oh, he snapped.

"I'm sorry! Okay? But this is all such a mess. I'm so glad I am on birth control." I have to stay calm because I babble things out when I'm stressed.

"Whatever happened was not good but can we decide and not talk about it ever? Not to others or even between ourselves. Can we do that?"

"Yes, I guess there is no other option."

I dropped him off and then went home. I checked my phone and saw that I already texted my dad last night that I will be staying over at Sanjana's and I'm really glad that I did at least one thing correctly.

.

No one really notice that I was back home. Probably because no one was actually at home. My dad was probably at work and my mom was definitely at some tea party with ladies who don't do anything but gossip.

I took a bath and then slept all day because my head was hurting with the hangover and all the overthinking that I did.