15. Pancakes

Waking up beside Shiv was the highlight of my day. His arm around my waist and my head on his bare chest. It was all cupcakes and rainbows until...

The morning sickness kicked in.

I took his arm off my body as soon as I could and ran to the bathroom. He woke up and noticed me. He walked over, rubbing his eyes, shirtless. If I wasn't throwing up, I would've pounced up on him.

He held my hair back as I threw up. He gently rubbed my back while I did so.

When I was all cleaned up, he asked me "What's wrong?"

"Oh, don't worry; it's nothing, morning sickness. I deal with it almost every morning." I replied as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Okay." he replied with a nod.

We brushed our teeth and I walked out of my room to prepare breakfast.

"Wait." he stopped me.

He put his hands on my shoulders and guided me towards the dining table.

"I am incharge of your meals from now." He informed me.

"You don't have to do this. I can make it. You are the one who needs rest, you were in an accident just last night, remember?" I said.

"Just sit. I am fine, you will be too because I am making pancakes." he said, excitedly.

I couldn't help but smile. "Okay, at least let me make the coffee." I said and didn't give him a chance to protest as I got up and walked to the coffee machine.

After getting a cup for myself and leaving his on the heating pad, I sat back down on the chair.

We were in the middle of a conversation about penguins when I heard the front door open.

"Sanj? Where were you? It's almost noon." I asked her. I didn't even notice that she wasn't home last night.

 I am a horrible friend, I thought.

"Um...you remember that date I had last night?" she began.

"Yeah, I do. Your boss told you to." I said. She had told me last night that it was a fake date just to lure the guy in for a deal.

"I kind of got caught up."

"What do you m- wait a minute." I said and continued after a pause. "You were with him all this time? You said it was just a fake date. Why would you stay with him all night and the next morning?" I asked. Something had happened.

"You know, you two seem busy. I am going to go and shower." she changed the subject.

"I am not letting you go until you tell me what is going on." I said, firmly.

"Fine, come with me." she said to me and then turned to Shiv. "No eavesdropping."

I looked at him and he nodded his head, telling me to go.

.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked as soon as we entered her room.

"Okay, so the person my boss set me up on a fake date is this really hot guy and he is very rich and famous and the club we went to was his. We were really hitting it off and we decided to go to his place which was right above the club, more like 3 or 4 floors above it but you get the point. So, we went there and at his front door, there were these two huge men wearing all black and had guns with them. I didn't understand but then I thought that maybe it's just because he is partly famous and very rich so I shrugged it off." She said in one breath.