9. Shopping Spree

The next morning I woke up with drool on my face. I didn't remember when I slept but I felt tired as soon as I woke up. I definitely remembered crying for hours before sleeping. Shiv and Ashwin were going to arrive in London in the afternoon. I was determined that I won't go back, my parents would have to think about my life before that deal. 

I got up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom but I felt a sudden urge to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach. I didn't even eat anything last night, I thought. Then I remembered why I didn't eat and then I understood why I threw up. I was pregnant. I also had a very important decision to make about the situation.

Either I could go for an abortion or I could have the baby. I really didn't know what to do. Shiv was going to arrive and I had to tell him about this. I just didn't know how.

I cleaned up the bathroom and took a shower which made me feel a little bit relaxed but my mind was going at the pace of a thousand thoughts per minute. What would I do? If I had the baby, what will I tell everyone else? How will I manage? And will I be able to get an abortion? Abortion meant killing the baby and I didn't think I will be able to do that, but did I even have a choice?

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. After moisturising and doing light make-up, I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black cropped top with a halter neck. I wore a maroon coat over it to shield me from the cold weather of London city. Putting on my black ankle length boots, I made my way out of my room.

Sanjana was sitting on the dining table, having cereal for breakfast. I gave her a smile and walked over to her.

"Good morning." I said. "Still jet lagged?"

"Good morning to you too. Not too jet lagged but I still have a headache." She replied.

"Where's my asshole brother?" I questioned her. He was nowhere to be seen.

"He's still sleeping. I tried waking him up but he said he needs his beauty sleep and it was still too early to get up." She chuckled.

"Sounds like him. I get it though. He's been travelling a lot. New York then India then London. It's a lot of travel." I was true. He was going around a lot. He was probably jet lagged from when he came to India and then we took him on another flight to London and he still had to go back to New York. 

"Let him sleep. I am going out I will probably be back in an hour or two." I said while looking at the clock in the living room. It was 8 a.m., still pretty early but I needed to get some fresh air and clear my mind about everything.

"Okay. Come back soon. Be safe." She replied. She didn't even ask me where I was going this early in the morning on a Sunday. That was a good thing though. I didn't want to explain everything to her. I wasn't ready. I knew her and she knew me. If I told her I was going out for a walk, she would have understood that something was wrong and I didn't want to lie to her, she was my best friend.

I took my car keys from the key holder near the main door and walked out of the flat, muttering a goodbye to Sanjana.

I walked out of the building and to the car parking. when I reached my car, I saw a girl almost my age stepping out of her car and walking to the passenger side of the car. She bent down and when she came back up, she had a child in her arms. The little boy was around a couple years old, peacefully sleeping on his mother's shoulder. She tried to shut the door of the car as quietly as possible and walked away from the car. She locked the car only when she was across the road and at a place where the beep of the car locking could not be heard loudly. So much for keeping the boy from waking up. It was beautiful watching a mother do that. It made me realise that I could have this with a child of my own. I had the opportunity. But there were a lot of hurdles. This was a child I was talking about. A whole-ass baby.