22. It's a Mother's Day

Our flight landed in Paris in the morning. It was around 6 a.m.

"Hey, wake up. We are in Paris." I heard before opening my eyes and saw the handsome face of my boyfriend who smiled at me. I looked out of the window of the aircraft and saw all of Paris. The Eiffel tower stood out from the city. I didn't even realise that a smile grew on my lips as we landed at the airport.

"We are in Paris! This is like a dream." I exclaimed. I had wanted to visit Paris since I was a kid and heard about France in class. My father went all around the world but when I told him I wanted to go to Paris, he laughed and told me that one day I will be able to, only after I am married. 

Me, the 8 year old told him- 'then I will get married right now.' he laughed and told me 'you have to grow up to get married, Naina.' and then he told me to go back to my room. I felt utterly sad about the fact that my visit to Paris will take a really long while.

It took a long time but I was in Paris, with Shiv. It couldn't have been more perfect.

.

"Will you stop jumping on the bed? Oh God, how will I handle three kids at once?" I said once we were settled in our suite and I noticed him playing with the pillows and jumping on the bed.

The suite consisted of two different rooms, a dining table, a sofa set and a balcony from where the Eiffel tower was visible. It was almost like a flat.

"Okay, fine. I will stop." he rolled his eyes as he sat down. "Will you please go and get ready? I have the day off. My meeting is tomorrow so we can do some sight-seeing today."

"Okay. I will go and take a quick shower. Please don't jump on the bed."

.

I wore a pair of black pants with a pale pink flowy shirt tucked in it. I put on moisturiser and some mascara and eye-liner before applying a layer of lip-balm. It was very cold so I pulled over my overcoat. I wanted to wear heels but I already had trouble moving with the bump so I decided not to. Instead, I opted for a pair black oxford shoes. I wanted to wear socks with them or they would've smelled. No matter what they say, everyone's feet smell if they do not wear socks inside their shoes.

I pulled out my white ankle length socks from the bottom of my suit-case and sat down to try and wear them. I tried to pull them on but my hands wouldn't reach my feet; neither my feet reached high enough.

"Stupid bump." I groaned and gave up.

Just then Shiv came out of the bathroom with just a white towel hung low on his waist. His hair was very wet and his chest was covered with droplets of water.

Naina, no. You can't keep doing this when you have two babies inside you. Control yourself. I thought to myself.

"Here, let me." He said after pulling on a pair of boxers. He squatted down beside my feet and took the socks out of my hand. He gently pulled them over my feet and placed my feet in the shoes before tying the laces.

"Thanks." I said and walked over to the dresser to put some perfume on.

"You don't need to thank me, babe." He said and kissed my forehead before walking towards his suit-case and putting on a pair of black skinny jeans with a navy blue T-shirt. He wore his watch as usual and brushed his hands through the mop of curls on his head.

I watched him put on his own socks and shoes before he sprayed his usual musk scented perfume and wore his overcoat.

"Ready?" he asked me and I nodded. "Come on then."