16. A Place Close to His Heart

"No, I am not letting you buy all of this for me." I said in a stern voice.

"Who says it is for you? This is all for me." Shiv tried to make an excuse.

"You are going to wear dress, 4-inch heels and make-up?" I said while picking up the dress.

"I might. Who knows if I turn out to be a drag queen one day." He said with one hand on his waist.

"Remind me again why am I dating you? No, actually don't. I don't want you going on about it for another hour." 

"As you wish." He shrugged. "But please let me buy them for you. I will take you out for dinner and you can use all of this."

"Yes, but I won't even fit in these clothes in a couple of months. They will just be kept in the back of my closet for months."

"But you do fit in them now. Please." He said with puppy eyes. "Will you at least try them on for me?"

"Fine. But I am just trying them on."

"We will see."

.

I stripped out of my clothes and picked up the dress. It was a dusky rose coloured gown. It hugged my curves and ended at the ankles, it had a split on the right side from the calf of the leg down to the ankle. It had a lace cape with intricate designs in it, over the shoulders which ended at the wrists and covered the front till my stomach. The back had a very deep V-cut which ended at the small of my back and exposed almost all of my back, the cape ended right below my butt. It was really beautiful. I loved everything about the dress. I also put on the heels which were golden block heels with a clasp around the ankle which took me about 10 minutes to figure out. Clasps on footwear are always made so complicated and I never understood the reason.

I stepped out of the changing room and Shiv was looking down at his phone. I cleared my throat and he looked up.

I saw him inhale a deep breath and his eyes scanned every bit of my body.

"You are so beautiful." He said in a whisper. "There is no way I am not buying this for you."

"No, I tol-" I said but he cut me off.

He placed his mouth on mine and kissed me gently.

"The only way to shut you up." He said with a smile.

"I would love to shut up forever." I flirted and we both laughed.

.

After an hour of Shiv changing in and out of clothes, we were done shopping. We didn't even realise that we skipped lunch and it was time for dinner.

"I have a place to show you. We can have dinner there." Shiv said, once we were back in the car and all of our bags were stacked in the trunk of the car.

"Okay." I said and nodded. 

.

We stopped in front of a grocery store.

"This is what you had to show me."

"No, I just need to buy some things. You can wait in the car, I will be back in five minutes."

"Okay." I agreed. I was already hungry and I didn't have the energy to argue or to walk around in a grocery store.

He stepped out a few minutes later with two bags and put them straight into the trunk with the other bags. He didn't even tell me what he bought.

"What did you buy? You just put all of it in the trunk." I asked.

"It's for another surprise." He said with a wink.