30. Another Problem

A big happy family.

 Big? Yes. Happy? Maybe. Problem free? Not really.

My dad went back to India a week later. He told us that he will try to call off the deal. I had bed rest for two days and I felt a lot better at the end of the week.

Everything was back to normal and peaceful. Actually, not peaceful at all. We had two newborns, how could it ever be peaceful?

They cried at least once every hour and we had to change their diapers even more frequently. They kept us awake all night but slept peacefully during the day when we possibly can't sleep. But they were the cutest little babies and it made up for all of the crying and pooping.

"Do you think we have some time alone?" Shiv asked me when we finally sat down after putting both the babies down for sleep.

"I think so." I said.

"Well, then." he kissed me.

We were so deep into it and before I knew it, I was straddling on his lap while we made out and his hands ran along my legs and thighs. I took off his shirt.

Just then, we heard crying and I pulled away.

"Not again!" Shiv groaned when I got up from his lap and walked to the kids room. We had completely changed it. We kept the walls white with a single accent wall which was painted in rainbow colours. The curtains were also in the colours of the rainbow to match the accent wall. Their closet contained all of their things and their two cribs sat side-by-side supported by the wall in front of the accent wall. There was also a white leather sofa set for us to sit and a matching coffee table.

I walked into the room and saw both of them cry. The problem was that one of them started crying and the second one joined without any reason.

"It's okay, I am here. Mommy is here." I said in a baby voice as I checked their diapers. There was not need to change them.

"What's wrong?" Shiv asked as he entered the room.

"I don't know. There isn't the need to change the diapers. Maybe they are hungry, I'll feed them." I told him.

"Okay. Do you want help?" he offered.

"Yeah, I will feed one of them first and you stay with the second then we switch. The usual." I said and picked up Keya and walked to the sofa. I sat down and fed her. I can hear Shiv trying to make Kiaan stop crying by singing a song which made him cry even more and it was the funniest thing ever.

After a while, we switched and I fed Kiaan. We finally put them to sleep and I if checked all the windows in the room were shut tightly. I closed the curtains and dimmed the light, not turning it all the way down.

We went to our room and I went to the washroom to clean up. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, arms and feet before changing into a comfortable large sweatshirt for bed.

"You want to finish what we started?" Shiv asked seductively and snaked his arms around my waist which was almost back to normal other than just a slight bump at the tummy. He rested his chin on my shoulder and kissed my neck slowly while I kept my head rested on his chest.

I turned around to face him and his hands remained intact at my waist. I got on my tip-toes to reach his face and kiss him which he returned softly.

"I love you." I said as we pulled away to catch a breath.

"I love you, too." he said and kissed me again.

.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing at 6 a.m.