6. The Plan

We sat in a fancy restaurant with overpriced food which isn't that delicious for the amount of money they take. The ambience was pretty. Dim lights, light jazz playing in the background and a faint smell of roses.

"Maybe we should just talk to them. I'm sure my parents would listen to you." I said.

"Yeah but what about mine? My dad wants this deal with your father's company and your father wouldn't agree unless I marry you."

"What? This is what it is? A deal?" I was surprised. My dad was basically selling me out in a less literal way.

"I thought you knew." He said.

"If he told me, I wouldn't have agreed. I still don't but I wanted to see them happy but if they don't care, why should I?"

I never thought my dad would do this to me. My mom? I wasn't so shocked about but my dad actually cared. Or so I thought.

"We'll get through this. Don't worry. Let's eat and discuss this, okay? Empty stomach won't help us think."

"Yeah, let's eat." I agreed.

.

"So isn't there a way to make this deal and cancel the wedding?" I asked. He obviously knew more than I did about this whole situation.

"I don't think so. There isn't much profit for your company in this deal but my dad was desperate and he asked what could he do to convince him. Your father wanted you to come back and get married. His exact words were 'I don't want her to live in London anymore. God know how she is behaving around there.'"

"So he doesn't trust me. Great! All I ever wanted." I said sarcastically.

"Hey don't be upset. He cares about you."

I scoffed. "If he did care, he would've asked before involving me in this stupid deal."

"Think about a way now, Naina. We can't sit around moping about it." He was right.

Think Naina think.

Then it struck me. It probably wasn't the best idea but it would've worked at the moment.

"We could do something. I would need your help."

I told him the plan. A smirk appeared on my face when I finished.

"No! You can't do that. It would be fine for now but we need something else for the long run." He opposed but I knew he thought it could work.

"Come on! Please just help me. I need to be back on Monday. We'll think about the long run later. I need to get out of here as soon as possible." I begged.

"Fine. Just this once. But we still have to think about a new plan. I'm telling you the cover will blow away as time passes by." I knew the risk but I was willing to take it.

"I know but please, just for now. I know what I am risking. I just need my freedom to marry a person who I actually know and like. No offence." I said honestly.

"None taken. I need that too. There are a lot of things no one knows about me and I am not willing to let them out anytime soon. I will have to tell things to everyone before this wedding and I don't think I am ready."

"I understand. See that's the kind of thing. I don't want there to be secrets between the person I am marrying. I want to marry someone I love and I most certainly don't want to be sold out in exchange of some business deal. So are you ready?"

"Do I have a choice?" I shook my head no. "Then I'm in."

.

I slept all the way back home. I was too tired and still a bit hungover. I needed to discuss the plan with my brother and Sanjana. They would play essential roles in the plan.