31. Back to India

8 months later-

The flight landed in India and we got out of the airplane and into the bright, scorching sunlight. I felt a familiar hand grasp mine and I looked up to see Shiv.

"We can do this." he said and squeezed my hand and I squeezed his back, not knowing any reply.

The babies were put in a trolly and before we knew, we were in my car, driving back to the familiar house. The place I spent all of my childhood was going to witness my nightmares come true.

When we reached, the house was newly painted and decorated with flowers. Flowy drapes snaked around the huge pillars. All of it looked festive but not happy. My father reached the bottom of the stairs and gave me a small, sad smile before hugging me. He patted Shiv's back and we left for my room.

"Dad, can a crib be arranged for the babies?" I turned around and asked him.

"Everything is already in your room." he smiled.

When we entered my old room, everything was changed. The walls were all white instead of the usual pink and the interiors were more modern and mature. The furniture was sleek black unlike the ancient wooden like it used to be.

"Wow. Last time I saw this place, it was all pink with teddy bears and Barbie dolls." Shiv commented. The last time he was there was when we were kids.

"I could say the same." I said, still shocked.

"You mean this place is renovated?"

"Yes. It was always the same since the very start. This is all new." I scanned my eyes through the room and saw two white cribs in the corner near the balcony of my room.

I put Keya in the crib and Shiv followed me. Both the babies slept through most of the journey other than the flight which was pretty surprising. They slept peacefully, they didn't know what was planned and why they were in India; they were carefree, just sleeping and bothering each other and drinking milk while pulling on each others hair.

I looked at their sleeping figures while Shiv stood beside me with his hand on my shoulder and my head on his chest.

"I hate all of this. I just want to go back and be happy again." I said.

"I know. We will be happy again. We will go back as soon as possible. Okay?" he said and comforted me.

.

"So, tomorrow is the wedding." my mom said.

"We all know that." my dad said.

"I was going to ask how will we execute the plan but you can never go without interrupting me." mom said and rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't have if you completed your sentence." dad replied to her.

"Okay, mom and dad please stop. We have bigger problems here." I interrupted.

"So, we do exactly what we planned. Okay?" Vivan said and we all nodded before letting him continue. He started explaining everything again and telling everyone what they needed to do.

"Wait! We thought about everything but who will stay with the babies?" I said before everyone was going to leave.

"We can." Shiv's mom said and gestured to his dad and herself. "We are just guests and don't require to do much. No one will notice if we are not there."

"That can work I guess. You can switch with Sanjana and Lorenzo halftime if you want." I said.

"Okay, then. Everything is planned out." Shiv said and everyone returned to their rooms.