27. A Lot Of Reunions

3 months later-

Everything was perfect.

We were all living together as a family, Sanjana was doing a lot better and my mom had genuinely been in contact with me. My brother and Ashwin visited a couple times and we discussed the plans to try to stop the wedding.

We weren't able to find even a single way to stop it other than telling everything to everyone. None of us was ready for that. Ashwin was still accepting his sexuality and I knew how people saw pregnancy before marriage in India.

.

It was the 8th month of my pregnancy and I was enjoying cake and tea at my baby-shower. We were supposed to have it a month earlier, during the 7th month, but my mom wasn't able to visit then for some reason.

"You look so good, Naina." I heard Faiza say as she walking in the door and towards me. She hugged me while I kept sitting. Her smiling face always brought joy to me.

"I would stand but it is a lot of work for me to stand or sit. Sorry." I said apologetically to her. It had gotten difficult for me to do anything, my bump was slightly bigger because I was carrying twins and it affected my mobility a lot. I needed help to sit, to stand and sometimes even to walk.

"Oh, it is fine. I know it all. Not to scare you but babies are a lot of work, I had one but you are going to have two." Everyone had been telling me the same thing. I knew it too. 

Babies cry a lot and we would have to change their diapers very frequently. I would have to breastfeed both of them, it was going to be a lot of work.

"Oh I know, that is why I have my mom and Shiv's mom staying with us for the next few months. I know that Shiv will barely be of any help." I said. All he ever did was annoy me instead of helping. I had taken my pregnancy as a weapon to make him do things but I knew as soon as it was over, he would go back to being a baby.

"That is great. Congratulations!" she said and handed me a huge box covered with paper wrapping.

"Oh you shouldn't have." I said to her.

"It's nothing. Just a gift. Keep it."

"Thank you so much. There's tea and cake and lots of cookies and cupcakes over there, go on. Sanjana is right there too." I told her pointing to the dining table full of different types of delicacies.

"Hey, baby." I heard Shiv say. He sat down beside me on the sofa and hugged me.

"Hey. What are you doing here? You had work and I think your mom threatened you not to come here." Both our mothers were hell-bent on keeping him away from the baby-shower. It was some kind of tradition to not allow men to be there.

"Oh I am just leaving. I had a break so I came over to see how you were doing." He told me and touched my belly. "How are my monkeys doing in there?" 

He had started talking to the babies a couple months back. They kicked whenever he talked to them. It was such a cute sight watching him talk to them, he even put on some songs for them and told them that the songs were his favourite. He told them most of the things that happened to him at work and what he had for lunch. It made me fall for him all over again.

"Okay now go before both our moms murder you." I said and he kissed my forehead and belly before leaving.

.

"Thank you everyone for coming and for all of these gifts. I hope you all enjoyed." I told to the few women who were there including a few friends from college, from work. My boss was there too with Victoria. She had turned out to be a wonderful person and I was so thankful that she did, I would've flipped if I had to deal with her whines during my pregnancy.