20. Double Trouble

So, we ordered pizza.

We were both too tired to cook something. I changed out of the hideous white sweater I was wearing and put on another black sweatshirt of Shiv's. He had a shitload of them.

I asked him why were all of them in a box.

"I wanted to give them to you before I left. I didn't think you'd forgive me." he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh. You were really going to go?"

"Yes. I wanted to stay just because you and our baby. But you said you never wanted to talk to me again. I realised that you are a strong-minded person so I was going to leave after that deal was done."

"I am sorry. I don't want you to leave." I said.

"Thank you." He said.

I suddenly felt an urge to kiss him. So, I did. It was full of passion, slightly rough. He was a lot taller than me so I had to get on my tip-toes to reach him. My hands found their way to his hair and his to cup my face. I missed this.

.

We ended up naked, yet again. I curled up against his chest as his arms wound around me. I eyelids felt heavy so I drifted off to sleep.

"I love you so much." Was all I heard before I saw black.

He had said it twice but I still hadn't returned it. The first time, I was too shocked to process it so I just changed the subject saying that I was hungry. The second time, I drifted off.

I wanted to say it. I loved him; I really did. I realised it when we were apart and I was so mad at him. Even in all the anger, I tried to find reasons to forgive him, I thought about the times he was all I wanted, about when he made me smile; all the cute moments we shared. But I reminded myself of the reason why I was angry. I tried so hard not to call him and ignore every thought of him during the three days we didn't talk. The first day was fine, I felt things, I felt the anger. The second day, I lost it; I cried, a lot. The third day, it was all numb, I didn't feel a thing. But when I saw him at the club, all my hatred was vanished when I saw him at gunpoint; even more when he got shot.

I loved him. I just needed to say it.

.

Shiv's POV-

He took off his belt as he walked in through the massive gates. He called for her as he entered.

She came running with a glass of water in her trembling hands. He took the glass and emptied it on her head and then smashed the glass on the floor.

"I don't drink water, you bitch. Where is my bottle of whiskey?" he yelled.

"Y-You need to st-stop with the alcohol." she said. She truly cared for him even though all he did was treat her like she was nothing.

"Oh, now you will tell me what to do?"

"N-no. I-I didn't mean that. It's not good for your health." she stuttered.

"I think it is good for my health. You know what else is good for my health?" he said with a devilish smirk.

Hit.

She cried out as he kept hitting her with that belt. A true monster.

He took hold of her hair and dragged her to the sofa. My father kept hitting my mother as he raped her right on that couch.

.

"Hey, Shiv wake up. Please wake up." I heard Naina's panicked voice call for me.

My eyes shot open. I was covered in sweat and my breathing was ragged. I realised we were still naked and it was the middle of the night.