chapter one

"Chanyeol-ah, why don't you go to sleep?" 8 years old Chanyeol's mom said.

"No mom I am going to wait for dad. He said he is going to bring me that plushy bear today." Chanyeol said stubbornly but his eyes were telling otherwise.

His mom smiled and said "Its fine Yeol-ah, go to sleep. I'll wake you up once your dad shows up."

"No mom I don't believe you. You said the same thing other night but you didn't woke me up.", smaller replied huffing and crossing his arms at the same time.

"My baby looked so cute with his big ears in a sleep; I couldn't bring myself to wake you. And more than that, you are so quiet while sleeping unlike when you are awake, I couldn't help but find silent comfortable.", mom replied mockingly which made child pout.

"But I don't talk that much. And mom, don't call me cute. I am boy, call me handsome or something but not cute." smaller said yawning.

His mom chuckled. "But you are so cute, how can I ignore calling you one?"

The smaller was so close to sleep to care about what his mom was saying.

SMASH---
The child woke up abruptly from his deep slumber due to the intense breaking sound of glass. He found himself on his own room neatly tucked in the blanket. The moon light sneaking through the window was illuminating room. He pulled blanket off him and stand out of bed, walking slowly to living room, where almost every night his mom stays waiting for his dad watching TV.

Before small boy could reach the room someone pulled him from back but the child didn't scream out of fear because he reluctantly recognized the feeling of his mom's hand on his shoulder. So he happily turned around because he was going to get the gift he wanted so much but in child horror, he found his mom with sweat all over her face accompanied by scared expression.

"Mo-," Chanyeol wanted to ask what the problem is. But his mom stopped him by blocking his mouth with her hand. Smaller understood the seriousness of situation so, without speaking he followed his mom.

"Yeol -ah listen carefully what mom have to say okay?" mother said crouching in front of boy.

The small boy, who was already crying, couldn't speak due to fear, so he only managed to nod his head.

"There are bad people in living room. Hide under the closet in our room. And don't speak a single word. Okay. Don't let bad person find you. After bad person go away call aunt Yura. Okay. You know how to do it, don't you?" mom said looking around as if she is afraid that the bad person she keeps saying will pop out anytime.

The small boy again nodded.

Mom couldn't hide her tear anymore and start to wipe her tears silently.

"Mom loves you much baby. Whatever may happen, mom and dad will always be by your side. It's okay to cry but be strong and don't let anyone bring you down, okay." Mother said crying.

"I love you my baby." Mom hugged her son.

The sound of someone climbing the stairs made mother eyes wide with fear. So she hurried the child to her room and hides him in closet.

Before closing the door of closet, she said "Chanyeol-ah, promise me, no matter what, you won't make any noise until the bad guys are gone." With that, mother closes the door. Just as child is surrounded with the darkness, he hears sound of gun fire followed by the scream of his mom.

The child was so frightened that he wanted to scream but no sound came from his mouth. He wiped his tears in silent and sent prayer to god, clasping his hand chanting "PLEASE SAVE MY MOM, PLEASE SAVE MY MOM", over and over again in his mind.