Chapter Two |Nightmares|

"I'm getting worse and you don't know."
~Ava
_____________________

|AVA'S POV|

Knock knock.

"I know there's someone fucking in there! Open up!" The rudest guy in earth bangs on door like a maniac.

"There's probably no one inside." I muttered. I was freezing and so scared, and couldn't wait for this nightmare to end.

I rubbed my hands together trying to make myself warm. Moving from one leg to another, having the huge urge to pee.

"What's going on?!" An old man yells from a window. We both look up at the man as the man yells. "Open up, we're freezing."

The old man curses some inappropriate words as I hugged myself; out of nervousness.

"What do you want?" The old man opens the door.

"I'm Asher, and we need to somewhere to crash in until I find somewhere we can go. It's to dangerous to go back there. And it's storming outside; we need a shelter. Just for a couple of days, until I can figure stuff out."  He's name is Asher, but it definitely suits him. Since he's so rude.

"Fine, get in." The old man mumbles, opening the door wide. Asher goes in and I fallow him immediately. "Thank you." I said to the old man.

"Don't mention it. I'm John." He greets sweetly, handing me his hand to shake.

"Ava, nice to meet you." I smiled. As John
lead us to his living room. Brown leather couches next to each other creating a "L" , the fire place right beneath the small tv that was hung. Red rug, spread out through the tiny room making it seem so loving and cozy.

"What were you guys doing out in the middle of the woods?" John asks, as I swallowed the lump in my throat as Asher began to talk. "We were going on a hike then got lost." He lied.

"Oh, okey." He seem unconvinced.

"How old are you both?" John asked, as we all sat on the couches.

"I'm eighteen." I answered softly.

"What about you son?"

"Twenty." Asher roughly said, rubbing his beard. Looking stressed as hell.

"You guys seem tired. Let me show you two your room." John announced, leading us to hallway filled with family photos. "From here." We go to a corner and head to the stairs.

"I'm sorry, But you guys are going to have to share a room." I look at him wide eyed. Hell no. And I guess Asher feels the same because he refused. "No, I'll just sleep at the couch downstairs." And he gets out of the room.

Good.

I obviously am not going to sleep with a stranger.

The room was small, with a mid size bed that fit two people. White night stands in either sides of the bed with lamps settled on top of them.

"Thank you."I genuinely said. As we headed downstairs where Asher was sitting on the couch, he's hands against his face. Looking very tired.