Chapter Twenty-Five |Shower|

"For who could ever learn to love a beast?"
__________________________
|AVA'S POV|

"Hello?" Rio answered the phone, scrunching his forehead in confusion.

"What do you mean? Are the girls alright?" Rio yelled making us all look at him with wide eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, biting my nails; out of habit when I get nervous.

"Someone attacked the house, half of the guards were found knocked out cold on the ground." Rio explained, running a hand through his hair frustratedly.

I gasped, covering my mouth. "Is Maryam and Amber alright?" I asked. As much as Amber bothers me, I never wished anything that bad to happen to her.

I looked at Asher who was gripping a glass filled with water tightly in his hand until it shattered into small pieces across the floor. He was visibly shaking, his veins popping out; making me wince at how angry he's looking.

"They're alright, Im going to call Maryam. I'll be right back." Rio said, grabbing his phone and placing it to his ear.

"Maryam, are you alright?" I heard him yell,

"What happened? Did you see the person?" Was the last thing I heard before he slammed the door closed.

"Asher calm down, please." I pleaded, stepping in front of him. My hands itch to hold his, but I wasn't sure if it was the right timing to be all lovey dovey.

"I am calm." He hissed.

"Yeah, obviously." I sarcastically said, pointing to his clenched jaw and hands. He instantly unclenches them and rolls his eyes at me as he walked to a bedroom.

"When are we going back?" I ask, fallowing him.

"Not sure, we're going to be staying here for a while until the chaos ends."

"Um, can I ask you something?" I ask, sitting on the bed. He nods as I start playing with my fingers.

"What—What happened during the attack? Your dad?"

"Most likely dead." He shrugs.

"Did you kill him?" I whisper, feeling my heart beat quicken.

"I wish. But he killed himself." He said like it was nothing.

"He—What?" I half yelled.

"I really don't want to talk about it."

"Alright." I sighed, getting up to leave the room.

"No, wait." I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?" I asked, turning around. He stayed quiet looking away.

"What is it Asher?" I asked again.

"Nothing, you can go." He turned towards the window.

"Asher." I tried.

"Just go." He hissed lowly. I clench my fist and walk out the door.

*

*

"Hey Maryam. Are you okey?" I ask, holding the phone towards my ear.

"Yeah, I'm alright. We're waiting for the plane to take off."

"Thank god your coming. Asher is being a huge -"

"Dick."

"Yeah, that word." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck.

"How's Rio?" She asked.

"You should've seen how worried he was. I felt so bad for him. The color of his face faded into a white sheet when he heard you guys got attacked."