Chapter Fourteen|Lies|

"The more I look, the more I find reasons to why I-" ~ Ava.
_____________________
|AVA'S POV|

After the fight Rio took me back home. I was still shook from watching Asher loose his shit out there, and it was terrifying. And when he locked eyes with mine, my chest ached. He looked so lost and alone, and all I wanted to do is be in his arms. Tell him it's alright, tell him he isn't alone. I wanted to be the person to do that, I wanted to be his reassurance.

"You alright?" Asked Rio, when the car stopped and we were in front of the house.

"Fine." I lied and got down of the car to my bedroom. I'm glad that I had sleeping pills between my hands. I toke one and laid down on my bed, I held my pillow as tears fell down my eyes.

Oh Asher.

****

Hours later, I woke up at two a.m. tanked up with sleep. I went down the stairs in just my hoodie and biker shorts. I opened the fridge and picked out a small bucket of ice cream.

I heard music, it was faint. But I heard it, it was punk music with hip hop. I went down some flights of stairs and saw a door. It was slightly opened, and the music was definitely louder so I guess that it was coming from this room. I peeked inside to see Asher working out, he was lifting weights. His face red and filled with sweat. I was honestly impressed by the way his muscles moved with each movement he made; It was like his body was telling a story.

"What do you want?" I heard him ask.

Caught.

"Um, nothing." I said as I stepped in the room still holding the ice cream bucket.

"'Mmmm." He hummed angrily, his face in scowl as he was stepping closer to me. I backed away with every step he took until my body hit the wall. And his body was hovering mine. I gulped, looking up at him.

"What were you doing?" He asked slowly, his body heat sending waves to mine.

"Nothing." I said, not looking in his eyes.

"Stop lying to me." He hit the wall beside my head.

"I'm not lying!" I yelled back, looking straight at him.

"Yes you are! Everything you say are lies!" He yells punching the wall again.

"Enlighten me! What did I lie about!? Huh?" I asks, my anger raising by the seconds.

"Saying that you're fine when you're not. Saying that you sleep when you don't. Saying that nothing bothers you, but in reality you can't breath." His heavy breathing fans my face as I held in my tears.

"Aren't you tired of lying? Aren't you tired of pretending!? Tell me!?" He yells, his veins in his neck popping out with each words he says. As he begins shaking my shoulders like he's trying to pull me back to reality.

"Say something!" He yells furiously as I flinch while thick tears trail down my cheeks.

"What do you want me to say?!" I yelled sniffing.

"Do you want me to tell you all about my nightmares ? Do you want me to tell you how afraid I am at night!? Do you want me to tell you how weak I am?" I yelled weakly, he was taken back from my outburst as I pushed him.