Chapter Nineteen |The Pits|

"You can never change a man. A man will change himself if he really loves you." ~Ava
___________________________
|AVA'S POV|

(A Week later)

"Hey! Do you want to come with us to the pits?" Maryam asked while I was at the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal.

The underground fighting.

"Is Asher playing tonight?" I sighed. It's exhausting watching him became a different person. He blocks out and doesn't know what he is doing most of the time.

"Yes." She answered with a pitiful smile.

"I'm coming." I answered, placing the bowl in the sink then headed up the stairs to change.

Opening my closet I just pick all black; pants, shirt, shoes and jacket. I was just in that mood. Pulling my hair in a ponytail, I sprang down the stairs and towards the group that were by the cars. We all decided to go in one car as I sat next to Tyler in the backseat, Amber sitting to his left.

"Why can't the t-Rex clap?" Asked Tyler as he grinned goofily.

"Because he doesn't have hands?" Answered Amber with an annoyed eye roll.

"No." He shook his head childishly making me bark a laugh.

"Whatever." Amber huffs turning her gaze out the window.

"Because they're dead?" I said laughing when I saw the expression on Tyler's face.

"H-ho- how'd you know!" He hit my arm.
"I was suppose to say it!" He added with a frown on his face.

"Sorry buddy." I laughed lightly. Sighing as I thought back to Asher. I don't know, I had butterflies, I was nervous as hell. I just wanted this nightmare to end.

*
*

"We're here!" Yelled Rio as he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car; all of us mimicking him. We walked towards the entrance, and there were about thousands of people sitting waiting for the big show. A shiver ran through my body when I remembered the shooting.

We stopped by Asher's room, and he wasn't to fond in seeing me. "Why did you bring her?" He yelled at Rio. If glares could kill he'd be ten feet under.

"She wanted to come, so we took her." Rio defended, but sighed when they had an eye to eye conversation.

"I'm right here?" I awkwardly said, playing with my fingers. Asher glared at Rio, brushing his shoulders against my chest as he grabbed his hand wrap, wrapping it around his wrist. His eyes came in contact with mine, he caught me starting. I immediately turned my gaze to my fingers, feeling the heat run to my cheeks.

"Don't remove your eyes from her." Asher gritted to Rio and Tyler as they nodded quickly standing straighter. It wasn't my first time to watch him fight, why is he making a huge fit about it?

"That dude scares the shit out of me." Rio said breathing out of relief when Asher got out of the room.

"But he's my best friend." He shakes his head laughing lightly. I looked up in amusement as we headed to the crowd. Maryam grabbed my hand as the boys were on each side of us, like bodyguards.
We found seats as I played with my fingers nervously.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the underground fighting! Now, please everyone put in your bets." The Guy announces in the microphone.