Chapter Seventeen | Silence|

"Silence has always been my loudest scream." ~ Ava
______________________
|AVA'S POV|

Let's just say I was anxious for this whole party to happen. I wasn't in the mood to socialize at all. Basically all I wanted to do is lock myself in the bathroom and throw the key in the toilet so that I couldn't go to the party.

"Ava, baby?" I heard Asher's mother call. I opened the door and let her in.

"Hey." I whispered softly. When she came in, she looked like she was ready for the party, in a beautiful blue gown with her hair pinned in a bun.

"Why aren't you ready yet!?" She says holding my dress. I shrug playing with my fingers.

"Come on, let's go. You and Asher aren't ready and the party starts in an hour." Mama bear says disappointedly.

"I'll start right now." I mumbled as she left me alone so that I can get ready.

I huffed as I sat down to do my makeup. I laid all my makeup stuff in front of me; wondering what I should do. I did my makeup in five minutes and I quickly put on my dress and did my hair.

After I got ready I sat down on the bed as I tried to calm myself.

Breath in.
Breath out.
Breath in.
Breath out.

It's only going to be for a few hours.

The door suddenly opened to reveal Asher in a black suit, struggling with his tie. "Motherfucker." He curses underneath his breath. Throwing the tie across the room.

This dude has no patience what do ever.

I shook my head as I headed towards his tie, I bent down and grabbed the tie as I walked towards Asher.

"No need to lose your temper."I whispered softly, smiling. My nerves suddenly calming. I stood on my toes to reach him as I wrapped his tie around the collar of his shirt twisting my hands until I managed to do his tie. I closed the button of his jacket; not even one word came out of his mouth.

One step forward.

I walked a few steps back, grabbing my heels from the shoe box we bought today and quickly wore them. "We should go down." I said, Asher nodded as we went down the stairs.

My heart rate increased when Asher held his hand out for me, I looked at him with wary eyes and slowly placed my palm into his.

Calm down.

Breath in.
Breath out.
Breath in.
Breath out.

The sound of classical music filled my ears as we headed to the living room, there were already a couple of people around as they chatted; holding cups of wine in there hands, enjoying their time.

I anxiously looked around when we became the center of attention.Everyone's gaze were towards us, it felt like I was under a microscope; people examining every inch of my body. Without thinking, I squeezed Asher's hands nervously.

Oh god I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"Congratulations." People repeated over and over again; It felt like a never ending circle; I just wanted to smack everyone. I know it's a bit harsh, but I was getting a annoyed and mostly because all of this is fake.

And from the scowl on Asher's face yells that he isn't enjoying it either.

"Come on everyone! Let's go outside!" Called Asher's mother.

"No offense, but I hate this." I whispered to Asher as he grinned. I turned my head to the side to find a women starring at us like a stalkers. She wasn't smiling but she was glaring at us, by us I mean me.