Chapter Twenty-Six |Moment|

"For love, who I thought was a beautiful dream; turned out to be one of my worst nightmares."
________________________
|AVA'S POV|

"What?" I asked, my forehead scrunched in confusion.

"We'll talk to my lawyer once we arrive. No big deal." He shrugs.

"Oh." I say, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"You don't mind, right?"

"Yeah, totally. Why would I? Not like we were actually—you know." I ramble quickly. Playing with the tips of my nails.

"Uh-Yeah." He nods, rubbing the back of his neck. His face falling into a frown.

Did I say something wrong?

"I have a question. What will happen after we divorce?" I ask.

"You can do whatever you want and go wherever you want." He sighed.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask.

"Acting like what?" He answered.

"Acting like you care." I mumble.

He lets out a fake laugh. "I do care."

"Yeah, totally." I huff.

"What is that suppose to mean?" He snapped.

"Stop playing games with my mind Asher." From the time he came to the bathroom to see me and told me soothing words I thought that Asher maybe liked me, or was it sympathy?

"What games Ava? I'm not playing any games."

"Be honest with me." I say, stepping closer to him. He steps back.

"Exactly!" I yell, throwing my hands in the air.

"I just don't like to be touched." He hissed.

"I wasn't even touching you!"

"You were close." He said, making me want slap him.

"So you can touch and flirt with me. But I can't? You're off limits." I mock, my anger rising by the second.

"Yeah." He smirks.

"You're fucking unbelievable." I yell, holding my head as I walked back and forth trying to calm down.

"Why are you so pissed anyways?" Asher asked, making me stop in my tracks.

"We can still hang out after the divorce it's not going to Chang-"

"Just shut up, you're making this situation worse." I mumble. Walking towards the door to leave.

"Where are you going?"

"Leaving, isn't that what you want?" I yell.

"I never said that!" He defended himself, getting a hold of my arm. We stare at each other for what seems forever.

"Let go of me." I whisper, feeling my throat close up as tears threatened to spill.

"Please."

"No, not again." He said turning his gaze to my eyes. His eyes swimming with hurt and desperation- I've never seen before. His bulky hands tighten around my arm I involuntary step closer to him.

"What do you mean? Be clear to me Asher. Be honest." I desperately ask,

"How clearer do you want me to be?" He answers, his fingers itching it's way to my waist.

"This trip changed my point of view in everything, about death and life and—" he stopped, his gaze landing on the floor then back up at me as I waited for him to finish.