Chapter Twenty-One |Hope|

"I was never enough." ~ Ava
___________________________
|AVA'S POV|

  A week has passed and the whole group has been stressing out because Asher's dad has been sending a lot of threats towards us and they're trying to deal with it.

"We're going for another drill. Let's go." Asher announces looking at all of us. We've been doing drills all week. He clenches his jaw, already heading outside. We all obey him and get up following right behind him.

"As you all know, my father has been sending threats. I will be bringing a few other members here tomorrow to look over the house while we're out of town."

"That means you girls," He points to us. "Will be staying here." Asher said, lifting the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows.

"So, if anything happens while we're are not there. I want you all to know how to defend yourselves. Understood?" He asked us as we nodded.

"Rio go with Maryam. Tyler, Amber. Ava come with me." Asher ordered making me bite my lips.

He's hot when he's demanding.

I walked over him as he threw the gun towards me."You remember how to use it, right?" He asked as I nodded.

Focus.
Aim.
Shoot.

"The 'X' over there." He pointed as I positioned my body and hand. I was shaking lightly. But I did what I was told and shot, but it was near the 'X' I was so close.

"Again." He repeated.

Focus.
Aim.
Shoot.

Just a few more inches.

"Alright." He nods impressively, making my blush.

"The first thing you do when someone has a gun and wants to attack you. You shoot there leg so that they're unable to move and take any source of weapons away from them." He's been preparing us like crazy. Telling me the same things over and over again.

"Just like you did to those men." He mumbled. He meant the day we were attacked by his father. Swallowing hard, I hope I never go through that again.

"How long are you guys going to be gone for?" I asked, biting my nails. It was out of habit when I was nervous.

"I don't know. We might not even return." Asher said, looking away.

"What?!" I half yelled.

"Calm down." He hissed, looking around us.

"What do you mean to calm down? How the hell am I going to calm down when you're telling me you might not come back!?" I yelled furiously.

"We're going to my fathers. And it's a very dangerous trip. But I have to do it." He hissed. Then he adds "His threats has been all over the place. And I'm not going to wait until he kills or injures any of the group to face him." He snapped angrily.

"And there's nothing that can change my mind." He added with a glare.

"When are you going?" I asked, biting my lips; looking at the ground.

"Tomorrow ." He answered. I stared at him for a good ten seconds before shooting the tree again. Perfectly aiming it.

*
*

"I'm tired." Maryam whined, while she was hugging the beanbag.

"That's all you say." I mumbled, sitting down on the chair.

"He made me run two miles." She cried dramatically. I rolled my eyes at her. Annoyed at the fact of the boys are
leaving.

You mean Asher?