Chapter Twenty-Three |Ruin|

"Old ways won't open new doors."
_________________________
|ASHER'S POV|

"What did I say?" I yelled at the phone.

"Sir, but the rest are on a break-"

"I never gave anyone a permission to go on a break. I want them at Orlando tonight." I hissed, throwing the phone aggressively at the floor.

"Calm down bro." Rio patted my back, I shrugged his hand away, running my hands through my hair.

"What time is it?" I asked,

"Around one pm." Tyler answered.

"Plane takes off in ten minutes." Seating on the airport chair, I rub my beard thinking ahead of our plans. Hoping it goes out smoothly.

"Give me your phone." I told Rio who looked at my confusingly.

"Why can't you use yours?"

"Just give me your god damned phone." I gritted as he handed it to me with no words.

I scroll through his contacts looking for Ava's name. When I didn't find her name, I remembered he calls her princessa so I scrolled down to the letter 'p'.

Mother fucker.

I pressed the send message, and typed a quick hey. I waited anxiously until she replied seconds later.

Princessa: Hey Rio! How are you guys?

I smirked at how she had no idea it was me texting her and not Rio.

Me: We've been gone for only an hour and your asking us already?

Princessa: You know how worried I get :|

Me: I'm fine.

A hot minute passed by when she then finally replied.

Princessa: How is Asher?

My fingers froze as I repeated the message over and over again.

Me: Misses you.

I curse underneath my breath for sending that message, I tried deleting it but nothing did the job. I let out a frustrated breath when she didn't reply.

"Who are you texting?" Rio asked, trying to peck.

"No one." I bite, bringing the phone closer to my chest.

"Can we switch sim cards?" I asked.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"So that they wouldn't know our location, it'll be switched and we'll trick them." I tried to convince him. Rio can be pretty stupid sometimes. So I think he'll go for it.

"But what if I want to text Maryam?"

"You can, I have her phone number. Just tell her it's you." I shrugged.

"Fine." He huffs as I grin, taking his sim card I exchange it with mine that was slightly broken from the smash.

I opened up my messages when Ava replied.

Princessa: Really?

I bite my lips when I imagined Ava saying these words. Probably red as a tomato and trying to hide her face with her hair.

Me: How are you?

I tried to change the subject. I don't know why I was nervous and making a big deal about this. It's just a text.