Chapter Fifteen |First impression|

"I don't think anyone really understands how tiring it is to act okey and always be strong when in reality you're close to the edge." ~Ava
________________________
|AVA'S POV|

"Are you ready?" Asked Asher, he was standing by my bedroom door in grey sweats and a black hoodie. I haven't seen him like this since the day I met him.

"Where to?" I asked, my voice coming out scratchy and groggy from all the crying I did when I was in my room alone.

"No need for questions." He stated, already heading down the stairs.  I was Used to the way he is, I decided against arguing with him, knowing that he'd never answer me.

I know this is a stupid thought , but I kinda hoped for him to kiss my cheek at the least. Fake or not, the moment when you and your partner swap rings you're suppose to kiss the bride. But I know its stupid for me to think that, knowing that marriage meant nothing.

Ugh, me and my fantasies.

I quickly threw on my red hoodie and my duffel bag; heading downstairs. When I looked around I didn't see him, but heard a honk from a car outside ; to be specific Asher's car.

"Coming!" I yelled annoyed. Grabbing a big pack of Cheetos with me. He honked again so I quickly walked over out the door to the car.

"Took you long enough." Asher snapped, obviously annoyed. I rolled my eyes at him; wearing my seatbelt. He immediately went to reverse, speeding out of driveway.

"Can I at least know, where I'm going?" I asked; opening the bag of Cheetos.

"With me." He scoffed.

"Really? Not shit." I sarcastically said eating another Cheeto ball.

"A hint." I tried. Looking up at him, I'm curious and want to know.

"My mother." He grumbled, moving uncontrollably in his seat. He was focused on the road with a scowl on his face.

"What! Really?" My mood suddenly changing, forgetting everything that happened to me yesterday. I was excited to see his mother. My mother in law. I was squealing in the inside. I tried to remove the grin from my face but I couldn't.

"Is it long ride?" I asked, looking at Asher. My eyes always go towards his beard. I don't know, but I really like it.

He didn't answer me. "Hello!?" I poked his cheek.

"An hour drive." He mumbled annoyed. Ok, I can handle that. I crawled into a ball beside the window, looking outside; still eating my Cheetos.

"You want?" I asked Asher. He shook his head no, not bothering to speak with me. So I did the same. Looking at the trees as we passed them. 

"Tell me before we arrive by ten minutes." I told Asher, so that I can fix my hair and probably change in the back. I want to give a good first impression .

****

"Ten minutes left." Asher mumbled, I got up pulling my bag of Cheetos to the side and grabbed my duffel bag.

What should I wear?

I picked up a white t-shirt that had a black rose on the side.