✧ chapter one ✧

Moving day

Pulling along my two suitcases, carry-on and pillow I lazily stumble through the airport. I had flown from Sydney to Washington State and had the pleasure of experiencing a top of 2 hours of sleep.

After completing high school in Australia I decided to follow in my older brothers footsteps and apply for Washington State University. My parents weren't the strictest, they want us to follow what we love- for my brother that was sport and for me, it was design.

I missed my brother- Noah. It's been three or so years since I've seen him. He's currently starting his senior year and finally, I caught up to the whole 'college' part of my life. I didn't want to attend university in Australia, I remember Noah's passion for moving to America, joining a fraternity and attending WSU and his fascination of that convinced me as a young kid that I wanted to follow his footsteps. Well, expect the fraternity part.

I loved my brother, and if he thought college would be amazing for him and I, then I of course believed him.

Now finally, after 3-4 long years I'm finally seeing my brother again.

I pull out my phone and send Noah a text.

Me:
Hey, just landed. Where tf are you !!

I locked my phone and looked around the terminal.

Noah:
Watch out

I widen my eyes at the text and almost fall over when a body collided with me and squeezed me into a hug.

"Hey little duck." Noah greets me, his voice sounded so different. He appeared to have lost most of his Australian accent. Me, being overwhelmed with emotions, hug him back and burst into tears.

"Hi dorkface." I say with tears in my eyes.

Noah pulls me out of a hug and stands in front of me. I drop my bags as he holds onto my shoulders, staring at me.

"Oh my gosh! Look at you! Who are you and what have you done with Ariana." He gasps, tucking some of my brown hair behind my ear. He pinches my cheek and I quickly slap his hand away, I try and show annoyance at him but a small smile creeps onto my face. I quickly wipe my tears away and look up and my big brother.

"You've grown so much! I'm gonna have to make sure no one dares to put a finger on my beautiful little sister." He brings me into another hug.

"Hey no way, I can take care of myself. I'm not little anymore." I pout and fold my arms, a long wavy piece of my hair falls into my face and I attempt to blow it away- obviously not succeeding.

"You'll always be my little duck." He pokes my cheek and takes my pink fluffy scrunchie from my wrist, stands behind me and uses it to tie my hair in a low ponytail.

"I could've done that." I frown.

"I've missed you so much. I'm so excited to see you again." He ignores my previous remark and smiles at me.

"Me too. You don't understand how many nights I cried in my room with a bottle of wine as I looked through photos of us." I chuckle as he helps me with my suitcases.

"Why are you drinking!" He snaps.

"Because I'm 18 and if you forgot I can legally drink at 18 back home..." I snort at him.

"Oh. Right." He chuckles. We walk to where he parked and he puts my bags in the car.

Noah gets in the car and begins to drive.

"So where abouts am I going to stay?" I ask him, breaking the silence after driving for about 20 minutes in the darkness.

"In a room..." He chuckles nervously.