✧ chapter nineteen ✧

(Ariana's outfit later in the chapter)

Hangouts

The first day of college was a success. I exchanged snapchats and numbers with all the girls and we created a group chat. I invited them over at 5 which gave me an hour and a half to get ready.

Noah was driving me home, noticing that I had my face in my phone. He cleared his throat to get my attention. I of course ignored him, until he got frustrated and took my phone out of my hands.

"Hey!" I snapped. Growling at him and grabbing my phone out of his hands. He smirk infuriated me even more. "Keep your eyes on the road idiot!" I, fuelled with rage, said.

"Okay too far. What is so interesting." He pushed. I exhale and roll my eyes, blowing a piece of hair out of my face in the process.

"I made friends. Is that so surprising?" I shoot him a look before giving my attention to my phone again. I hear him chuckle lightly before mumbling a "not at all."

Noah left me alone for the rest of the trip. When we parked in front of the Frat house I walked in and towards the living room. I couldn't be bothered to walk up three flights of stairs yet so I decided to stay downstairs on the sofa. I kept my eyes on my phone, chuckling at videos that the girls were sending until I felt eyes on me. I ignored the feeling at first then decided to look up. Low and behold, across the hall Harry sat at the kitchen island, watching.

"Can I help you?" I ask him, loud enough for him to hear me. The side of his mouth crooks up as he smirks. I groan and throw my head back. When I discover the willpower to move my head upright I turn to see him still watching.

"Harry." I grimace. "Stop." He watches at me, as if trying to find the right words to say. He presses his lips together.

"Well? You know if been ignoring you for a reason. Leave me alone." I tell him without a second thought. He ponders lightly, standing up from the island and moving around to the front, leaning against the bench casually.

"Harry Fucking Styles." I widen my eyes as he childishly chuckles at me.

"Sorry Princess, my middle name is actually Edward- and do I know the reason you are ignoring me?" He thinks to himself for a moment. "Oh I remember. I forgot you had your panties wet and in a twist due to a little something that happened the other night. Is that right?"

I allow my jaw to drop. I stand from the sofa and walk over to him. The boy was completely humoured by the scenario.

"So you sit here, as content to be no where near me as I was with you, yet here you are still fantasising about my anger and hatred towards you?" I say once in his proximity. "I cannot be played Harry, nor will I play your games. Whatever happened the other night can just be forgotten. Blame it on the alcohol, blame it on the lateness... I don't care. But from now on that kiss never happened."

"What kiss?" He taunted, winking afterward. I opened my mouth to yell but closed it quickly as I understood his use of words.

"You know." I fold my arms. "If you weren't how you come off as usually, I'd say we would be good friends."

"Why can't we be friends?" He presses, adjusting his stance slightly and folding his arms again. I huff, blowing the stray hair out of my face in the process.

"You're just a lot of- this." I wave my arms all around in his general area. I hope my gesture highlights the pure amount of shit he is to take in.