✧ chapter twenty-seven ✧

(Ariana's outfit later in the chapter)

"Relationship building"

"See you Kat! Thank you." I smiled as I bid farewell to my coworker. We closed up the store and I walked outside, praying that Chris remembered that he was picking me up from work with my car. He was yet to buy his own and Noah had taken me to school in the morning.

Low and behold my little Suzuki Swift pulled up and I hopped inside the car.

"Hi bitch!" Chris smiled as I reached over the centre console to give him a hug. "Hey!" I finally replied.

"How was your first shift?" Chris initiated the conversation as he reversed out of the spot and drove out of the parking lot.

"It was okay, Harry came in to study again. Like how he was there for the interview. Apparently he really is a regular." I tell him.

"Oop-" Chris chuckles as he held a hand to his mouth. I lightly punched his arm muttering a "shut up" under my chuckle.

"Anything happen?" He pressed. I decided to keep my response basic, because I wasn't sure if Harry was serious about coming to his room so I didn't want to tell him all the details.

"Oh just the normal sexual innuendos. Yeah, the usual." I shrug, looking out the window.

"The usual?" He air quotes. "Lmao."

"What? I mean yeah it's kinda funny that I consider that the usual in our relationship I guess." I muse, shaking my head.

I continued the small talk for the rest of the trip before we arrived back at the house. To my dismay my parking spot had been snatched by another car. After Chris parked my car in a different spot I took the keys and stormed over to the car. I realised it was Zayn car and I groaned angrily.

I stormed inside and saw that Zayn was sitting in the living room with Jacob. I huffed and headed towards him.

"Why did you park in my spot!" I grunt at him. He looks at me completely amused.

"You can't claim a spot love." Zayn smirks.

"I can and I did. Don't park in my spot again... or else." I threatened before stomping upstairs. I walked into my room and slammed the door behind me, chucking my bag on the floor and jumping onto the comfort of my bed. I stunk like coffee grinds, which of course is not a bad smell at all- but it did mean I needed a shower.

I trudged into my bathroom and started up the shower, allowing the water to soothe my sore muscles. I feel like I can just stand in the shower and think for hours. Like, looking at the tiles and just thinking. I think random shit, like what comes after life- if heaven is real or just an afterlife? And then I'll think about what I could've said to a bitch in an argument from like 4 months ago. My thoughts vary drastically as you can see.

After washing myself and thinking I hopped out of the shower and pulled on a grey sweater set with matching grey shorts and a pair of cute socks. Once I was comfy I walked towards my bed and scrolled through TikTok.

Noah knocked on my door later and brought me a small burrito bowl that he made as a meal for me and a couple of the other guys also. I thanked him happily because I was too lazy at this time to cook.

After a while I looked at the time, 10:23pm. I wondered if Harry was actually being serious about me coming to his room tonight. I walked over to my door and opened it slightly, peering across the hall I observed Harry's ajar door. It wasn't open enough for me to see anything inside.