✧ chapter fourteen ✧

Planning an entrance

Honestly things have been super boring in the house lately. Harry left me alone the past couple of days, maybe to let me cool off... I don't know.

Good on him for finally getting the fucking memo.

Anyway, the third party was the next day and I figured to make some sort of entrance. I wanted to feel desired by someone, then disregard their existence because that's what's happened to me too many times.

Clearly that's not the way to solve anything... but... I believe no one truly be trusted so why take the risk?

After a few hours of lounging around and avoiding communication I decided to get up and dressed. I grouped a striped button up, tucked into denim shorts with my white converse. I tied my hair messily into a bun and spiced up my outfit with some nice jewellery.

I skipped downstairs to the second floor and knocked on Chris's door.

"Come in." He says through the door as I peak my head inside. "Oh hi you!"

I wave with a smile and he pats his bed. I run in and jump on the bed, crossing my legs and grinning.

"What can I do for you?" He asks, pausing the movie he was watching and turning to me.

"Well... I wanna make an entrance at the party tomorrow and needed to go to the shops to get a nice dress. Come with?" I beg. He looks at me, confused.

"Why wouldn't I wanna come? Let's go!" He jumps up and puts shoes on.

"Do you have a car?" I ask as he shakes his head.

"Okay.." I groan. "Well I have to go ask my brother to drive us, I'll be a min." I wave him off and run back upstairs, knocking vigorously on the door.

"Go away!" He shouts through the door.

"Noah it's Ariana. I need a lift to the mall, please?" I beg through the door, it's silent for a few seconds.

"Ari I have company. Can you go ask Harry? Please..." He says almost pained.

"Ew okay fine. Enjoy I guess." I throw my head back. I walk away from the door and cringe at the situation. I hesitantly make my way to Harry's door and knock quietly, hoping he didn't answer.

To my luck, Harry opened the door and folded his arms. "Mhm?"

I fiddle with my fingers. "Well... I was wondering- could you part from your 'play room' of a bedroom to take Chris and I to the store?"

"One condition." He begins. I prick my ears up to listen to his 'condition'. "You clean the house."

I start cackling, full blown laughter. I almost fall over and clutch my stomach, holding the door frame for support. I stop laughing after almost a minute and wipe my tears, looking up at an unamused Harry.

"Oh. You're serious." I huff, tapping my foot. "That's not happening. I'm not a housewife." I fold my arms.

Harry shrugs and goes to close the door.

"Wait!" I grab his arm to stop him walking away. He smirks at the contact and I quickly let go of him. "Fine. I'll fucking do it."

"Do what...?" He teases. I groan and rub my temples.

"I'll clean the house." I say pained. I close my eyes and look up at him after reopening them.

"For who?"

"For you?" I raise an eyebrow, confused. Harry shakes his head. A flash of realisation washes over my features as I raise both eyebrows.

"Oh no. Sorry that's next level, there's no way I'm calling you that. I'd rather walk the 15 miles to the mall then get driven if it means I have to call you da..." I shake my head, stopping myself.