✧ chapter twenty-two ✧

(What Ariana wears under her hoodie later on in the chapter)

Frat Drama

It was the last day of college for the week. After listening to a lecture for the last couple of hours I was ready to sit down and enjoy my lunch. Leela, Nova and I were walking together towards the cafeteria.

"Heads up, wicked witch of the west." Leela whispers to the two of us. I frown and look up to see Luna and an unknown brunette walking in the opposite direction towards us. "Hold your guard, she's looking at us."

Luna was coming closer. I was unsure of how to feel about her still, she was yet to prove herself as a horrible person.

"Hi Ari!" She smiles with a little wave as she walks past us. I give her a small smile and wave in return. What were they all talking about? There was an uncomfortable silence between the three of us, I think they were trying to justify the reasoning behind Luna's actions.

"Oh she one hundred percent wants something from you." Nova tuts. I scrunch my eyebrows and look at her.

"Why can't she just be nice person? Are you sure you're not just jealous of her because your names are both related to the universe?" I tease. Nova gives me a questionable look- questionable because my life might be in danger...

"No she's right. She's only nice if people has something she wants..." Leela drags. I huff, I don't understand what she wants from me? What could I possibly have?

"I can't have anything... it might be Noah- but then she would be nice to Penny...or my link to the Frat house? Heck she already is at all the parties anyway..." I monologue.

"I have no idea. But always sleep with one eye open just in case." Nova warns, making me gulp. We were approaching the cafeteria and oddly I noticed Seth standing outside the doors, waiting.

"Hey guys I'll catch up with you later okay?" I tell the girls as they nod, walking ahead. I walk over to Seth with a confused look.

"Hey Ariana, Noah wanted me to wait here for you to make sure you remembered coming to sit with him at lunch." Oh... I forgot about that. I lean my body to peak into the cafeteria and observe who was at the table. Noah, Kaleb, Evan, Louis and none other then Harry himself. I draw my attention back to Seth as he gestured his head towards the group. I sigh and nod my head.

I walk towards the table, watching half the girls around their table staring at Harry. Like I get it and all but food is also super interesting...

Seth followed closely behind me and as I neared the table I saw Noah look up at me with a smile of relief.

"Please sit." He commands, the sound of his voice drew the attention of the rest of table's attention to me. I felt my cheeks heat up as I sat down, looking down. Once I recollected myself I looked up, noticing Harry's reaction to mine. He smirked at me, with a hint of a smile imbedded within his smirk. He found my uncomfortableness amusing- of course.

"I have something to tell you which I believe is important to your current position." Noah breathes out and folds his arms. I frown and tilt my head in confusion.

"Well, it's a given that we aren't the only fraternity in this school. Low and behold we don't get along with a certain frat. Delta Beta Omega." Noah continues to explain. "We have our recruitment this afternoon and meetings to discuss their recruitment. Their president, Liam, and our Frat have been in rivalry since freshmen year. However the rivalry continues longer with some people- like Seth who has known him longer. They've recruited Byron during their recruitment which puts us at risk, and you." Noah's eyes trail over to behind me. I unobtrusively spin around.