✧ chapter twenty-four ✧

Meeting dilemmas

"Hey Ariana?" I hear Noah's voice call from the outside of my door alongside a few delicate knocks.

I jump of my bed and pull up my black leggings before racing over to the door, unlocking it and opening it swiftly.

"Hey what's up." I pant, my hair a mess from running over and laying in my bed all morning. Noah chuckles at my disheveled appearance before shaking his head at me and speaking.

"We've got a meeting downstairs. We talked about what we'd do about Liam and Byron and the results of the recruitment. I figured you wanted to hear." He tells me. I slowly nod and look down at my outfit. Oversized dark grey shirt with leggings and pink socks with avocados on them.

"Yeah, you're outfit is fine. Can you come down with me now?" He asks impatiently. I huff and nod, muttering a 'fine' under my breath.

I drag my feet as I follow him towards the meeting room. I was a little nervous for the resulting agreements of the meeting but was in turn very curious. What other restrictions could a girl possibly need right now?

The echoes of male voices proceed to raise in volume the closer we got to the meeting room, and soon I was in the room leaning against the wall at the back, trying to avoid everyone's gaze.

"Alright you lot." I look up and fall in the trap of Harry's glance as he drew the attention of everyone in the room as if it were easy. He momentarily averted his eyes to look at everyone else in the room.

"So we decided to recruit four new guys. When they come into the house just don't treat them poorly?" He rolls his eyes at the group of people.

Harry started discussing random other shit I had nothing to do with to the rest of the guys. I took that moment to quietly slide my back down the wall and sit onto the floor comfortably, resting my eyes to cure boredom.

"In regards to Ariana-" I allowed my eyes to shoot open and watch Harry expectantly.

"We've decided to keep everything quiet for now. If any suspicious actions are made within their Frat that we hear about we will call for a different approach, however given the current situation it's in our best favour to keep half an eye out on Ariana's whereabouts. We don't know what their intentions could be but as the only woman within the frat we can't be too careful. Unless I ask you to stay back after this meeting, all I want you to do is look out for her and relay any information you hear or suspicious actions to myself, Seth or Noah. The people who stay back will be given set times to keep an eye out on her. Noah is very concerned for her safety due to her relationship with most of us..."

I stare at Harry as I watch him unobtrusively press his lips together. I scrunch my eyebrows. I think they are being a bit much with this all. I don't need to be watched like a hawk. They can't do shit to me. We are all just kids in college trying to make a start on our living. I roll my eyes dramatically at Harry before huffing and folding my arms.

"Are you against what I'm telling you Ariana?" Harry raised an eyebrow at my overreaction and I stare at him with an unimpressed look.

"Clearly I'm not just a child, I don't need to be watched 24/7. I want privacy, not my own personal body guards. This is literally not that big of a deal, I'm not going to get murdered." I groan as Harry watches me with a monotone expression. I'm definitely in trouble...

"This isn't about your age or self sufficiency. This is about a rivalry between frats that could have you as a bright red target in the middle of the field." Harry raises his voice slightly. I stand up and chuckle at him.