✧ chapter twelve ✧

(Ariana's outfit later in the chapter)

The Morning After

I hesitantly open my eyes and stretch my body out. The feeling of emptiness confused me on the bed as flashes to last night washed into my mind.

Fucking asshole Byron.

Who does he think he is? Being like that on me. I trusted him. Oh this boy will hear my mother fucking rath.

I jumped out of bed and wrapped a dressing gown around my body. I've learnt that wearing a 'covering' over your body lures men away... hopefully that works.

A knock on my door conveniently echos through my room as I near the door. I open it slowly after unlocking it to reveal Noah.

"Yes?" I ask as I tie my dressing gown at the front.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I groan at him. Running my fingers through my hair to brush it.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I raise an eyebrow and fold my arms, leaning against the door frame.

He trails his eyes down my body in a 'studying my features' way to ensure I was okay. "Ariana, Harry told me what happened." He says quietly as I allow my face to drop and a sigh to expel out my lips.

"I didn't think it mattered..." I rub my arm and look down at the floor.

"Ari-..." He sighs and wraps my arms into a hug, making me flinch slightly. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"I'm fine Noah, truly." I reassure into his neck. "Nothing I can't handle."

He took me out of his grip and held me in front of him. Looking over my features once again. He sighs and gives me a small smile. "I know. I'm so proud of you."

I lean forward and peck his cheek with a smile. "I'm gonna go make breakfast. Do you want to come?" I offer.

"Sure." He winks at me and wraps his arm over my shoulder.

We walk down together and speed up my step as we near the second floor. I heard somewhat of a commotion which is surprising for 10 in the morning in this house.

I made my way to the kitchen and toasted four slices of bread. Two for me and two for Noah as we chatted about random things to do with America and school. I smeared peanut butter and jelly on the pieces of toast and offered two to Noah before sitting down at the bench next to him.

"We have a meeting in 20 minutes, are you okay to come along?" He asks me as I sneer to myself.

"I mean I don't really have a choice hey." I shrug and take another bite of my toast. I'm disrupted by banging on the stairs. I look over to the source of the noise as Byron walks down with a suitcase trailing behind him. I squint over at him and observe him. Black eyes look great on him. Asshole deserved it.

He turns his head towards me and I quickly look down at my toast.

"Keep walking stach." Noah spat as he scrunched his eyebrows at Byron.

The rattle of the suitcase make me figure that he began walking again. As the sound of the suitcase fades out the door I turned to Noah with a raised brow.

"He didn't follow the rules. I threatened to snap the neck of a person who did anything like that to you. He's lucky he's only getting kicked out instead of being killed." Noah shrugs as I raise me eyebrows and take a slow bite of my toast.

"Oh..." I chew and nod, scrunching my mouth to the side. "You guys are like, kinda super intense..."

Noah looks at me for a few moments before turning back to devour his toast.