✧ chapter twenty-nine ✧

Mexican

"So where are we going?" I ask him, rocking back and forth in the seat. He turned his head towards me and chuckled, taking one of his hands off the wheel and placing it on my thigh.

"A Mexican restaurant." He squeezed my thigh, making me jump slightly. I scoffed and pushed his hand off my thigh.

"Yeah...what restaurant?" I pushed. He shrugged, making me groan.

"A good one." He shook his head at my impatience. "Why don't you just wait and see."

"I don't want to wait." I huffed, folding my arms and sliding down in the seat.

"We will be there in 5 minutes okay?" He said with an annoyed tone. "Okay..." I said slowly.

Low and behold 5 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant. It was nicely decorated and pretty cozy on this coldish day.

"I like this place cause Zayn works here and the owner knows me and gives me discounts." He whispered in my ear with a sly wink. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him as we walked inside.

"Charming." I laughed.

Moments later a short woman who was standing behind the counter has made her way around towards up with her arms open and a wide smile on her face.

"Oh Harry!" She gushed, bringing him into a hug and placing wet kisses on each cheek. He cringed unobtrusively at her gesture and smiled at the small lady as she detached herself from him.

"Hey Martha." He gave her a small and polite 'half kiss' on her cheek. I quietly cooed to myself at the politeness of his actions. I honestly didn't think he was capable of being affectionate and respectful to other people- but then again, it is his persona that has been making me create these suspicions.

"It's been a very long time since I've seen you bring a girl here." She giggled, Harry sucked in a breath as I looked at him confusingly.

"Yeah.. we are just going to sit down, we don't have long before we need to get back to school." Harry told Martha, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards a table.

"Holla me over when you're ready to order dear." She waved us off and walked back over to the register.

"Martha just threw you under the bus there didn't she?" I called him out on the comment made before.

He shrugged his shoulders as we sat down and both quietly looked at the menus. After we called Martha over she took our orders and left, I then considered starting a controversial conversation.

"So, these other girls?" I questioned him with a fold of my arms and a raise of my eyebrow.

He watched me unimpressively before looking down and drawing circles on top of the glass he had poured water into moments before.

"I use to bring my sister here." He said hesitantly. I allowed my mouth to form an 'O' as I nodded slowly and leant back into the chair. He laughed momentarily before looking back up to me, not saying a word.

"What's her name?" I ask him, tilting my head slightly.

"Gemma." He smiled slightly to himself before looking back at me. "You don't have any other siblings don't you?"

I shook my head. "No, just Noah. I guess that's why I wanted to come to school here. I missed him because he was my best friend then he just left one day four years ago for school." I took a quick sip from my water. "It was weird not having him around for the first time in my life."