✧ chapter twenty-three ✧

(Ariana's swimmers)

"Talking"

"...and then we fucking drove back like nothing happened. I haven't even seen him since last night!" I finally exhale, halting my pacing to catch my breath. Chris sat on my bed, with a permanent gobsmacked expression.

"Well... that was not what I was expecting..." He began. "But deadass you guys hooked up?" He asked excitedly.

"Why would I lie about something like this." I pinch the bridge of my nose whilst shaking my head. Chris jumps back happily on my bed onto his back, kicking his legs around and chanting "OTP".

"Hey shh!" I try and hush him, acknowledging that Harry could most likely hear the commotion if he was in his room.

"You're the only one who knows dude." I beg him to hush. He quickly closes his mouth and sits up, staring at me.

"So what are you going to do?" He muses. I thought for a moment. I had no idea honestly, I kinda wanted to talk to him but didn't know how to. Besides he didn't make the effort to talk to me about anything either, and I in no means expected him to.

"I don't know..." I drag, folding my arms and pacing. I stop and turn my head towards him. "But that's why you're here. Please help."

"Talk to him!" He instantly says. I widen my eyes and shake my head. "No way. What the hell would I say?"

"Anything? Ask him about it, talk about what it means. Literally anything." Chris tells me. I huff and groan and walk over to my mini fridge, grabbing a block of chocolate to munch on.

"Don't stress eat." He warns. I stare at him with a small and cheeky smile and take a bite. Making him shake his head in annoyance and awe.

"You are something else." He stands up, walking towards the door. "Well it's hot as fuck so I want to go for a swim. Are you coming with?" He asks.

I nod frantically and run over to my cupboard and shut the door behind me. I explore the now fully stocked shelves of clothes for acceptable and cute swimmers. Once I chose some swimmers I headed downstairs with a towel wrapped around my body.

I run down the stairs, being careful not to trip over my own feet. I get to the bottom floor quickly and rush out to meet Chris outside. I was surprised to see Louis and Niall had already occupied the space of the pool.

"Oh hey!" I smile. The two boys who were originally talking to Chris turn to me with a returning smile.

"Hello love." Louis winks as I roll my eyes at him. Niall returns my greeting with a simple wave as he dives into the pool.

"How's the water?" I ask them all. Chris looks at the two eagerly waiting for their response also.

"It's nice." Louis shrugs. "Good day for it ain't it?"

All of us nod along as Chris took no time to jump in the pool and I giggled at him. On the contrary, I took my time walking into the pool by the steps to get use to the water.

We spent a couple of hours on enjoying the pool and the warm sun. A few other members of the frat joined us in the midst, and I took some time to get to know them a bit better.

Chris and I were currently sun baking by the pool, had to try and remove the "whiteness" I had succumbed to over the cooler months.

"So when are you gonna talk to Harry?" Chris questioned, breaking the content silence we had nurtured.

"I don't know..." I repeated from earlier. "I just don't know when to bring it up." I shrug.

"Right now!" Chris suddenly said, causing me to jump slightly. I groan and take a breath out.