✧ chapter twenty-one ✧

Interview

College had finished for the day, yet here I was sitting on the front steps nervously fiddling with my art book in my hands.

I was waiting outside for Chris, he had promised that he'd come with me to my job interview after school. I would've asked Noah but I was still upset with him from the morning. Plus I only really trusted Chris with the information of me going for a job interview.

It was approaching a dangerous time to still be waiting outside the school instead of walking over to the cafe, so with a sigh I started walking away from the school.

"Hey Queen! Wait!" I hear a screech from behind me. Startled, I twist around and see Chris running towards me. His disheveled hairdo blowing in the wind.

"I was starting to get worried..." I check the time on my watch as Chris comes into talking distance. I begin to walk as he is close enough to stop running.

"I had to sweet talk my way out of a fail in economics... Mr Harries was being an ass but you know me and my way with words." He flicks his hair. I giggle at him and roll my eyes.

"Thanks for coming hoe." I lightly punch his arm with a smile. He grabs his arm to fake his pain to the feather-like tap. "I don't know if I would've gone if it weren't for you coming with me."

"It's okay! Anything to support my main bitch." He gives me a wink. I chuckle and focus on my walking. Chris begins some small talk to alleviate my stress on the interview. His voice began to come out muffled as I focused on how quickly we were approaching the cafe. I don't understand why I was so nervous, it was just another job. I've done at least six interviews in the past and yet it doesn't get easier.

My anxiety really just loves to vibe in my brain.

Chris opened the the door to the cafe and I walked in before him. As I walked in I approached the counter with a deep breath.

"Hi sorry, I'm here for an interview." I tell the red headed girl at the register. She smiles sweetly at me. "Yes Ariana? My boss is just finishing up ordering stock and she will be out in a few minutes. I'll let her know you're here, you can either just wait here or take a seat and get comfortable."

I thank her and step away from the counter. I turn to Chris and give him a worried look, widening my eyes and clenching my jaw. "You got this babe." He soothes.

I take a deep breath. I looked around the cafe, it was really beautifully decorated- focused on its use of greenery. As my eyes scanned the room my jaw dropped. I quickly tapped Chris and he copied my gesture.

At one of the booths sat none other then Harry himself. He had tied his hair in a bun, with a few disobedient strands of hair flowing freely around his face. He was focused predominantly on his coffee and studying- what I believed him to be doing- no wonder I never saw him doing it at home... I guess he wasn't completely your typical bad boy cliche, with the whole not caring for school. Clearly he does care about how he does in school...

I walk over to the booth with Chris following closely behind me. I sat down and waited for him to notice, he didn't really care less.

I cleared my throat, causing him to finally look up at Chris and I. He placed his pen down and folded his arms, waiting for us to speak.

"What are drinking? Iced latte?" I question, not really knowing what else to say. He tilts his head slightly.

"Close. But it's actually a double shot, iced caramel macchiato on soy with a sugar." He says. Chris held his hand over his mouth and I watch Harry with wide eyes.