Chapter 8 *L.H*

-Luke-

“Are you sure you are okay Lukey?” My mum cooed as I watched another rerun of ‘How I met your mother”

She had been really cautious recently and asked me how I was every five minutes. Sure I was okay, I wasn’t great but I was okay. It hurt like hell that Alyce was in London and I was in stupid Sydney so far away. All I wanted to do was jump on a plane and go and surprise her. I had the money saved up for a seat, and I’m sure I’d be able to find a place to stay cheaply. I’d hate to impose on her. I hate this, all I want it to be with her.

“Yes Mum” I huffed scrolling through my phone at the pictures of Alyce and I  together. She was so pretty and I was so me. How did she ever like me?

I loved that for me she was a different person. She was innocent with me and like butter wouldn't melt, I could sit with her for hours just talking and not get bored. Alyce was absolutely mesmerising, her eyes were pools of blue and her hair was so soft. There was no better feeling than having in my arms, cuddled up under the covers. This was killing me. 

“Just know this is probably hard on her too. Alyce has left everything she has known for the last two years. I’m sure she misses you too” My mum reassured as she left me in my room. 

Yeah she probably does, but the thing is she could have any guy in the world so why would she want me. She’s way out of my league. I’m so average. That’s why she went for Ashton first. He’s confident, he’s badass and he’s got all those looks. I’m just dorky, lanky and average. I hate my genetics. 

Without a second thought I grabbed my laptop and starting looking on the Qantas website. I had no idea how much plane tickets cost, but surely it couldn't be too much. I could sit right at the back but knowing I’d be seeing her would make it all worth it! 

It would be morning in London right now, I wonder what she would be doing. Probably going to work, living her new amazing life. I see all the pictures of Facebook and Instagram. It looks so much fun. Her style has changed so much, all I see is heels and designer handbags but I still love her. She’d look good in anything. Alyce is officially really British now. 

This girl was always on my mind, so knowing that she had seen Calum naked was horrible! I know it was just a joke because he lost the wager but still. I know what I did to Ashton was terrible and unforgivable but still. She was mine, not Calum’s. I think he knows that though. He worked so hard to get Ash and Alyce to split up. 

“MUM!” I screamed as I heard her come up the stairs.

She came into my room holding the laundry basket filled with mine and my brothers clothes. Putting down the basket she came over to the bedside. 

“Luke Robert Hemmings! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” She gasped as she saw the screen with the big words running across the screen. ‘booking confirmed’

Her eyes were huge, I’m not sure whether it was because she was angry or because she was surprised. 

“Sorry mum, but I need to see her. I used my savings so don’t worry about paying for any of it” I said to her as her face broke out into a smile. 

Thank god she wasn't angry. 

“You really love this girl don’t you?” My mum grinned rubbing my shoulder supportively. 

I nodded really quickly. I did, it was true. Love makes you do crazy things like book a plane ticket to London. Over 10,000 miles away. This distance was killing me so bad. She soon left as I thought about all the things we were going to do. I didn’t want anyone to know, so I didn’t tell any of the boys just incase they told her. I mean Calum speaks to her nearly every day.