8

I pushed open the door to his room, a wave of cold, freezing air condition breeze instantly washing over me.

The room was dimly lit, just about right, still enabling me to clearly see my surroundings.

There, laying on the white bed was a weak, pale, withered Jimin. My heart dropped, and sank deeper than ever before.

My stomach churned at the thought that he was this sick.

"J...Jimin..?" I whispered, my voice cracking as I shuffled to his bed side.

A pole stood next to the bed, a bag of clear, medicinal liquid attached to it, the tube fixed into his skin.

I slowly and cautiously yet gently placed my hand atop his, before waiting for a moment to see his reaction. He didn't react, so I began caressing his soft, milky skin.

"You'll be okay....." I continued softly.

"J....Jungkook...?" He huffed out weakly, struggling to make words. His voice sounded so stressed and weary that my heart tore a little bit more.

"Yes....I'm here, don't worry.." I murmured, forcing a warm smile.

He struggled to open his eyes, but when they finally did open, the deep beauty within them definitely wasn't lost despite his condition.

"No Jimin...you need to rest...close your eyes.." I instructed quietly although I was dying to get lost in them longer.

He shut his eyes, but furrowed his brows.

"I...I'm sorry that I h...had to b-be the inconvenience....." He stuttered weakly.

"You're not an inconvenience hyung...your health is the most important.." I replied.

Suddenly, he began coughing loudly and hoarsely, causing worry to arise within me.

"Crap...." I mumbled as I scurried around the room frantically until I got my hands on a bottle of water.

"Here hyung, drink this quickly." I said full of fear, trying not to stutter to make him feel worse.

He gulped the water, causing it to soothe his throat.

He laid back down, inhaling a deep breath.

"You feel better?" I asked, massaging his shoulder.

He nodded.

I smiled before intertwining my fingers with his. For some strange reason, my cheeks heated. This never happened before, and it seemed so weird.

Just then, I noticed the door handle turning, so I quickly removed my hand from his.

"Hey Kookie...we have to go...we'll visit him again tomorrow.." Jin said softly, not wanting to disturb Jimin.

I nodded slowly before standing and heading to the door.

I gave Jimin one last glance, not wanting to leave him. I was so worried for him.

I was hesitant in leaving, not wanting to part from him, until Jin grabbed my arm and lead me out the room.