chapter 27

When we all finished eating dinner I went and got ready for work, I have a night job as a nurse. Asher cleaned up and he got to watch the kids till I got home at 11pm.
A- bye babies!
T- bye Mommy!
C- goo bye Mommy!
A- bye babe
As- bye baby.
I rushed out the door and got to work.
*11pm*
I got home and walked in quietly. I seen Asher asleep on the couch with the twins in his arms, like usual. I picked Taylor and Caleb up, waking Asher up, and I brought them to there room. Asher had already put them in pjs so I just layed them down. I went back downstairs and made each of them a bottle of warm milk (Calebs favorite)
I went upstairs and gave each of them a bottle. When I got back downstairs Asher was just sitting on the couch, I sat next to him and layed my head on his shoulder, he put his arm around me and kissed my forehead. I then got up and fully woke Asher up. We then went up to are bedroom and went to sleep.
*next day*
I woke up to the sound of Caleb and Taylor crying. I quickly got up and walked in there bedroom.
C- *crying* mommy....I want more milky!!!!
A- ok baby come on.
I picked him up and put him on the floor.
T- *crying* mommy!!!! I want hold me.
A- come here baby.
I picked her up and held her then grabbed Caleb hand and we all walked downstairs, Asher slowly following behind. When Asher got downstairs he was all dressed for work.
As- bye Peanuts!
They ran up to him and hugged his legs goodbye.
C/T- bye daddy!
Asher the gave me a quick kiss good bye. He is only gone till lunch time but he makes hundreds for his job which is really helpful. I gave Taylor and Caleb a bottle of milk till breakfast. They ran in the play room and i started making pancakes. When I finished cooking breakfast I gave Taylor and Caleb each 1 pancake, sausage, and juice.
A- come on kids! Breakfast!
They came running out. I put them in there highchairs at the island and we all ate. After we finished I put them on the floor and they ran to the couch, I put on peppa pig and let them watch while I cleaned up. When I was done I sat on the couch with then and watched peppa pig.
*haydens side*
I've been looking all over for Annie. I have no clue where she could be my last hope was to call hayley and hope she has the same number.
*calls*
It rang for awhile and then she picked up! Yes!
*call*
H$- hello?
H- omg hayley thank God
H$- hayden?!? Is this really u?
H- yea. And I need your help.
H$- with what?
H- do u know where Annie is?
H$- well it's 10am so Asher is at wo-
H- who's Asher?
H$- Annie's boyfriend soon to be husband I think.
H- oh no. Is Annie home?
H$- yea She doesn't have work till 6pm so she's home with Taylor and Caleb most likely.....
H- who's Caleb and Taylor?
H$- u don't know your children's name? Sad...
H- there's 2!!!?!?!
H$- u didn't know she was having twins?
H- I didn't know anything! I feel like such an idiot.
H$- ya got that right.
H- do u know where Annie lives?
H$- duh I'm there all the time!
H- can u tell me?
H$- idk Hayden I don't wanna be a bad sister-
H- please hayley! For me?
H$- ok but don't tell her I told you.
H- promise!
H$- ok it's ***** ** * ****
H- thank you so much hayley! I gotta go.
H$- bye?
*he hangs up*
I put my shoes on and rushed out the door. I hopped in the car and went to the exact location hayley told me hoping she wasn't lying. When I got there I was a little nervous. I went up and rang the door bell.
*Annie's side*
It was 11pm and I was playing with the kids. The door bell rang so assumed it was Asher.
A- Asher u can just walk-
*opens the door to see hayden*
A- in.....? Hayden?
H- Annie?
A- if your here to tell me your sorry...your 3 years to late.
H- but I am. And I realize tha-
*Taylor and Caleb come running to the door*
T- mommy who dat?
A sad face came upon haydens face when she said that. I started to feel really bad not letting them know about him, although it was his choice.
H- they don't know who I am?......
A- no?
H- ok wow.....
C- who is u?
I turned around and looked at the kids and told them to go play. They ran off.
H- u really didn't tell them about me?
A- why would I? U weren't there for me at all! U didn't even know i was having twins did u? No! SO if your gonna stand here and tell me I did something wrong then leave! Because they have been happier then ever without you here.
H- ok Annie I'm sorry! I've said that enough the least u could have done was contact me and let me know.
A- and do what Hayden? Let u just take the title of being there dad after all these years?
H- uh yea kinda because I am there DAD!
A- well i guess u should have thought twice....
Asher then pulled in the drive way and got out and saw Hayden.
As- babe I'm ho-.....
He walked up and stood next to me.
As- who's this?
H- I-
A- this is hayden...Caleb and Taylor's actual dad.
As- oh wow.
H- who are u?
As- glad u asked! I'm Asher also the guy who took your place.
H- oh im-
A- no your not.
H- so this is the guy they think is there dad.
A- well doing a much better job then u ever have in the past 3 years
H- u shut me out
A- actually Hayden u shut me out. By slamming a door in my face.
H- yea well u shut a window in my face.
A- u cheated on me.
As- u know bud u really got some nerve to stand here and say this is her fault. U left her, and she went back for u. So if your gonna stand here with the balls to say she did something wrong? U can get off this property Right now.
H- u know what-
A- Hayden leave.
H- for real? I can't even see them.
As- u think u got the privledge to?
H- it's not a privledge it's a responsibility.
A- yea now it's a responsibility after all these years.
As- just go dude. U got no reason to be here.
H- fine! But I will be back when he isn't here.
As- I'm always here. So try me.
*Hayden leaves*