chapter 28

*the next day*
Asher had to work late so he probably wouldn't be home till around 3 which meant Hayden was gonna try and come over. I thought about yesterday, I was being really immature not letting him see the babies. Because I mean, he is there actual FATHER. Asher left and me and the kids watched cartoons on the couch. After about an hour the door bell rang. I got up leaving Taylor and Caleb on the couch and answered the door. And you can already guess who it was, hayden.
A- come in.
H- wait really?
A- yea, yesterday was a little uncalled for so...
H- thanks anns.
A- mhm.
He walked in and I closed the door. I then brought him over to the couch where Taylor and Caleb were.
C- who dat mommy?
A- this is um....
H- I'm your uncle Hayden!
I looked at Hayden in shock but went along with it.
T- hi uncle Hayden
H- hello?
C- hey look mommy! He has dark brown eyes like me!
A- haha. I know sweetie
I looked at Hayden, then back at the twin, then back at Hayden, then back at the twins and realized they look nothing like me. They look exactly like Hayden!
A- come here Hayden.
H- ok. Seeya kids
C- bye bye!
T- bye uncle Hayden.
I walked in the kitchen with Hayden.
H- what's up?
A- this isn't fare
H- fare? What? I'm comfused...
A- they look nothing like me! But look exactly like you.
H- this is what you needed to talk about?!
A- uh yea?
H- oh annie...
He then laughed and walked back into the living room, he then started playing with Caleb and Taylor. They looked so happy playing with him. They kinda looked happier then when they played with Asher. And at that note, ahser walked in the door.
As- hey anns I got off early an- what is he doing here?
A- he's just playin with them.
Caleb then ran over to me holding something.
C- look mommy look! Uncle Hayden shows us how to make birdies out of paper.
A- awe that's so cool!
C- this one is for you mommy!
He then handed me the paper bird and before I could grab it Asher snatched it out of Caleb hand.
C- daddy that's for mommy!
Asher looked at him and then at the paper bird. He then crumbled the paper bird and threw it on the floor. I watched as Caleb eyes filled with tears and he started to cry.
C- w-why would you do that to my b-birdie?
A- Asher! What is wrong with you.
As- he shouldn't be here Annie.
H- what's going On?
Hayden said walking in the middle of the conversation.
A- nothing. Can you take Caleb and Taylor in the play room?
H- um yea sure. Come on buddy!
Caleb quickly stopped crying when Hayden took his hand and walked to the playroom with him and Taylor.
A- what the hell has gotten into you?
As- nothing! I just don't want him around.
A- why? He hasn't done anything wrong yet!
As- are you forgetting that he left you pregnant in Texas?
A- that was years ago. And it's not fare that he can't see his own kids.
As- what about me Ann's?
A- what about you?
As- they still have me! What if they get to attached to Hayden and like him more then me.
A- Asher! I can't help that! There 3! And you just crumbled Caleb bird and he started crying like you crushed his dreams. How does that make you feel? Proud.
As- well it got me upset.
A- that's not a good enough reason Asher.
As- fine Annie.
A- fine.
As- I'm done with you.
A- excuse me? what?
As- if your gonna have Hayden around more Its probably best if I wasn't here you know? So maybe we should just break things off ok?
I sat there and let tears roll down my eyes. Asher then walked out the door and I screamed remembering the day Hayden slammed a door in my face 3 years ago. Hayden came running out of the playroom to see me on the floor crying.
H- Annie are you ok?
A- a-a-asher just broke up with me.
H- your joking. Right?
A- no...
H- awe Annie it's gonna be ok.
He then pulled me into a hug and I sat there still. After the twins ran out so I quickly wiped my tears so they didn't know i was crying.
T- mommy did you fall down?
A- um yes.
T- where did daddy go?
I looked at Hayden and then back at the twins and I came clean.
A- Hayden can you go in another room? It might be awkward.
H- ok?
He smiled and walked into the playroom.
A- ok
T- where he go?
A- ok baby, I know you think Asher is your daddy but he is not.
C- what do you mean mommy?
A- your daddy isn't your actual dad. He just took the role as your dad. But now he is gone and never coming back.
T- so who is are daddy then?
A- so your uncle Hayden isn't your uncle either.
C- man you lie a lot mommy.
I laughed and then took a deep breathe.
A- Hayden isn't your uncle because he is your actual dad. And I mean it this time. Your actual dad.
To my surprise that looked really excited they ran into the plan room, I assume to talk to Hayden I followed behind them. When we walked in and stood in the door way. Hayden then. turned around and looked at us. Taylor and Caleb the out a big smile on the faces and ran to Hayden and gave him a big hug.
H- hey guys!
T- hi daddy.
Hayden was smiling until Taylor said that, he then looked at me with a blank stare. I smiled at him and a tear dropped down my face. He then smiled back and began to play with the twins.