chapter 29

I then walked out into the kitchen and started making the twins some lunch. I decided to make them each a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but Taylor's with jelly because she doesn't like it. I walked into the playroom and seen them all playing.
A- come guys lunch time.
C- o'tay mommy.
I grabbed there hands and walked into the kitchen, Hayden slowly following behind. I put them in there high chairs and let them eat, and I gave them each a juice box. Hayden then came out to the kitchen.
H- why aren't you eating?
A- I usally don't till dinner.
H- uh that's not healthy?
A- it's fine.
H- so what are you doing tomorrow? Maybe I can come over again.
A- actually I needed to ask you something.
H- yeah sure, anything!
A- ok come with me.
I brought Hayden into another room.
H- is it serious?
A- not really.
H- oh ok. What is it?
A- do you have any plans tonight?
H- no...?
A- can you watch Caleb and Taylor tonight from 6-11. I have to work
H- oh! Yeah of course.
A- really?
H- yea defiantly.
A- thank you!
I gave Hayden a quick hug and then walked back into the kitchen. The twins got done eating so I took them out of there chairs so they could go play. I cleaned up the kitchen and then went to see what they were doing.
A- what are you guys doing.
T- mommy! I put lip gloss on daddy! Look.
I looked over at Hayden to see lip gloss all over his face and hands.
A- Taylor.
T- what? Isn't he pretty.
A- what did i tell you about this? lip gloss goes on, lips.
T- hehehehehe
H- it's fine Annie.
C- so mommy are you and daddy together?
I looked at Hayden an knew what the answer was.
(At the same time)
A- no. H- yes.
I looked at him in shock.
C- what?
H- no A- yes.
I then pulled Hayden into the hallway.
A- we can't lie to them
H- but we can't break there hearts.
I stood there realizing both of us were right.
H- maybe we should just tell them
A- we can't do that Hayden they will be really sad.
H- I know but u don't wanna lie and say we are.
I then stood there and thought about it.
A- then let's fake date.
H- what?
A- then. Let's. Fake-
H- yea yea I heard you. But that still lying
A- no it isn't.
H- no I'm not doing that.
A- but Hayden. How do you think there gonna feel if we walk in there and say "oh yea haydens your dad but we aren't together" that's gonna crush them hay.
H- let just say no until I figure out a way for u to- nvm
A- what was that
H- nothing. It was nothing
A- oh ok.
We walked back in the playroom and the twins were patiently waiting for our answer.
T- hewwooo?
A- uh sweetie.
H- we aren't together.
I looked at Hayden as he said that quickly. I then took a deep breathe and looked back at the twins to see them starting to cry I started to feel like a bad mom.
A- hey, why are your crying.
I said kneeling down to them.
C- B- because you and daddy n-not toge-der.
A- awe baby you don't need to cry it's ok.
I then leaned in and gave both of them a big hug. Later, it was 4:30 so I had to cook dinner. I cooked spaghetti.
A- kids dinner is ready!
They came running out with Hayden.
I put them both in there highchairs and put some spaghetti on there plates.
A- you coming Hayden?
H- oh no it's fine.
A- no come on seriously.
H- if you insist.
Hayden sat down and we all started eating. After that we all put are plates by the sink and I started to clean up.
H- hey, I'll do it.
A- huh?
H- I'll wash them. You have to go get ready for work.
A- no haydens it's ok.
H- no come on Annie.
A- fine...
I put down the sponge and walked up to my room to get ready for work. It was 5:30 so I had to get going. I got ready for work and headed down stairs.
A- by munchkins.
T- bye mommy!
C- bye bye mommy!!
I then grabbed my purse and phone and left for work.
Hayden pov-
Annie just left for work and I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen spotless. It was around 8 o'clock and I didn't really know when the twins went to bed so I got them ready. I put them both in pajamas.
T- mommy usually gives us milk for bedtime.
H- ok I'll get you some.
I took them downstairs and filled 2 bottles with warm milk. I then handed them each one and brought them back upstairs to there room. I tucked each of them in bed and handed them there milk.
T- goodnight daddy.
C- night night daddy!
H- goodnight.
I then shut off there light and closed the door behind me as I walked out. I went downstairs and sat on the couch and watched some tv.
Annie gets home-
I got home from work and unlocked the door into the house. When I seen Hayden asleep on the couch but no sight of the twins. I check there room and they were peacefully asleep with bottles of milk. It was so nice of Hayden to put them to bed, Asher never did that. I walked back downstairs to wake Hayden up.
*says quietly*
A- Hayden, Hayden wake up!
H- hmm 5 more minutes....
A- Hayden it's 11pm wake up.
H- ugh really?
A- yea.
Hayden sat up and rubbed his eyes.
A- you can take the guest bedroom if you want.
H- thx anns but I'll just head home.
A- ok, But if you want to you can.
H- it's ok. I'll see you later.
A- actually.
H- yea?
A- I've never really stayed at the house by myself with the twins....
H- really?
A- yea... Asher was always here.
H- your point?
A- it might be scary...
H- Annie are you 5?
A- no buy very childish when it comes to being alone!
H- so what your saying is, you want me to stay!
A- please?
H- ok but just for tonight.
A- thank you!
H- where's your guest bedroom.
A- down the hall and to your left.
H- ok.
Hayden then started walking to the guest bedroom.
H- I want pancakes for breakfast in return.
I laughed at the joke and then headed upstairs to get ready for bed. When I finished getting ready I snuggled up in bed and turned my lights off.
3am
I woke up because I was tossing and turning, I felt so alone. Yea I know it's weird but Asher was always in bed with me, I got up and went downstairs and got some water. I then went back u and got back in bed. I went on my phone and was on Instagram. I then seen I had a message from Hayden so I got off of Instagram and checked it.
*texts*
H- I put the twins to bed!
5 hours ago

A- sorry for never answering. Lol

H- Jesus Annie, why are you awake. The ding sound was really loud.

A- oh I'm sorry. I can't sleep, I feel alone.

H- alone? Why.

A- because usally Asher or someone is sleeping with me. I'm not used to it.

H- oh sorry hope you can sleep.

A- yea me to.

*end of text*
I put my phone down and put my blanket up closer to my face. I then shut my eyes and sat there.
5am
I woke back up and checked the time. Ugh i don't wanna be up. The twins always get up at 8 why am I UP!?!?! I looked over to the other side of the bed and seen no one and realized why I'm up. I started to think to myself. I then went in the twins room and they weren't there, I started to panic and check all around the house and guess where I found them. Haydens room. They were all peacefully sleeping up next to Hayden. I don't know how they got there, when they got there, or why they are there but I don't care. I walked up to the bed to see if they were sleeping.
(Whispering)
H- don't wake them up
A- omg you scared me. I thought you were asleep.
H- Sorry
A- why are they In here?
H- I heard Taylor crying and she said she wanted to come but so did Caleb.
A- what!? They never do that with me!
H- why are you up so early?
A- I just woke up again cuz ya know.
H- wanna join us?
A- what!?
H- I mean they are already here so....
I looked at Hayden like he was crazy but to my chance and crawled in the bed and drifted off to sleep.