Chapter 34

A/N

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Hidden Citizens- Fur Elise)

A/N Try breathing? You won't be able too after this.

"Fall back! Fall back now!"

King T'Challa doesn't have enough time to warn his soldiers.

He's too busy running up the field with the rest of the Avengers, further away from their designated line that they swore never to leave.

Many of the soldiers who are too far out into the field don't make it.

They are crushed instantly, what's left of them nothing but mushed bones and dirt.

The ones that make it, jump over a hollowed ridge, bracing themselves from the inevitable that is too come.

Steve and Thor has disappeared from where they once stood in front of me and as the battlefield grew into blurry movements, I don't stop to scan where they went.

The spinning threshers bypass me with furious force and I don't move from where I stand as I watch them impale every single thing that stands in their way.

More and more Outriders are still pooling out of the open gate and it looked like we've already won.

How could this possible end?

"See if that solves your problem Corvus," Smiling onto the monitor, I skipped casually across the field, feeling the head brace illuminate where I stand among the people of earth.

Was it going to be this easy to win?

This easy to watch my former family die?

Why was I thinking twice about it anyway? I saw the future. I saw how it would end for them.

I'd win and they'd lose.

Simple.

I've won the war before it even begun.

"Focus that fire on the left flank, Sam."

"I'm doing it!"

Rhodey rockets above me and Sam followed closely behind, the two of them trying their best to find a weak spot.

They fail.

Narrowing my eyes over the friendly figures, I refocused in front of me and weaved my fingers forward.

With a mighty groan, the threshers move from their position, spiraling forward like death blades towards the incoming ridge.

The heavy machinery gain enormous distance to my sighted targets and I watch Natasha pause in her attack to take in the new sights.

There's a woman beside her, wearing the red and gold Wakanda armor.

Both of them crouch down, ready to face down their impending death.

This is stopped when a familiar new energy wave appeared on the field.

Wanda.

Wanda raises both hands, the red lights instantly filled the threshers and stopped them from mauling the two females.