Chapter 52

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Ivy and Gold- Eye of the storm) & (Tomme Profitt- Ready for War)

Tracing a pattern on the rug, I watch as the lithe light followed my movements, the color growing out of its transparency before I waved it away, not wanting Morgan to see.

I've been doing it these past several hours now, checking in to ensure if my abilities were growing and lessening.

So far, they were... well, they were growing.

There were many times in the day when I had to excuse myself from the house and head down to the lake in fear of accidentally losing control.

That didn't happen but I was still paranoid.

Especially after the check up Tony gave me.

The usual data collection for the entirety of my being had altered.

DATA MATCH 98%

REFERENCE; YEAR 2012

Those were the big words that strewn themselves on the monitor when Tony asked FRIDAY to run the tests.

From blood pressure, to protein deficiency, iron, gamma radiation and frequencies, everything rebounded back the same.

Right down to the T.

It all lined up, exactly as the data from the year 2012.

Meaning my body was now in the same state as I was when it was 2012.

Of course there was still traces of helical filaments and they were still as messy as ever which confounded Tony because it would mean I wouldn't have been able to control myself like I did back at the patio.

It just didn't make sense.

So the billionaire, declared that it was a flux.

He had the AI repeat the test 6 times before eventually giving up and telling me there was probably a bug in his monitor.

He's lying.

Both to himself and me.

Its one of the reasons why he's been hesitant to explain his thoughts all afternoon.

But true to our word, neither of us talked shop around the house.

We talked about other mundane things as lame as that sounded.

I sensed Tony's gratefulness at me for choosing not to tell him what I think. He was genuinely afraid I might spring it up on him.

I didn't bother too.

Natasha's words still weighed heavily in my mind.

"Tell me Riles... would you convince him?"

Would I?

"Morgan?" Pepper stuck her head in the room and raises an eyebrow once she notices that I was playing Monopoly with her daughter.