Chapter 64

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Imagine Music- Doom)

A/N Final 10 plus chapters... 

Unknown Quote:

"I will burn this place to the ground, I will burn it to nothing but ashes and when the smoke clears, you'll see what your arrogance has created." 

The wind blew silently against my ears.

The delicate trickling of water can be heard as I traced a pattern on it, watching my reflection reform and swirl.

I had no idea how long I've been doing this.

I had no idea how long I will continue, to do this.

Still, it brings about a materialistic comfort.

If I did this long enough, maybe my reflection will change, if I did this long enough maybe the strands of my hair won't be black, if I did this long enough maybe my eyes won't be glazed with obsidian.

I stop, the water coming to a halt as my palms rest on the surface.

Slowly... I pinched my index finger and thumb together, creasing it at once.

Black sparks erupt above my fingertips swirling and curling throughout my palm, reminding me of the power I was once so fond off.

Shadows were gliding all around me, teasing and grazing the edges of my torn suit, eager to change and welcome the darkness.

I inwardly smiled.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss this.

Where was the fun in being good? Where was the fun in being self righteous?

I'm going to be so bad, it was so good.

Standing up, the black lights followed my movement, shadowing the edges of my attire with its silk-like presence.

Something whispered at the back of my mind.

Do you see what you need to do?

I remember.

How loud my heart pounds in my chest, how loud my ears rang and rang and rang, over and over.

Is it strange that I can no longer feel the pain?

Is it strange that I can no longer... feel, in particular?

I remember.

The edges of my eyes fizzled in unclear patterns, it burns a hole through my chest, burns a hole through my lungs, burns a hole through my heart.

I remember.

A song is filtering in my mind.

Its familiar, it makes my skin crawl, it makes my hackles raise.

"Silent night... holy, night... all is calm, all is bright..."

My fingers spark.

Black, black, black, black, black, black.

Tilting my head to the side, I massaged the back of my neck, finding the muscles stiff and coiled, too tensed to focus.

The song is so loud.

The song is so... clear.

It tastes familiar.

It tastes like anger, rage, fury, destruction, death.

The velocity of the changes inside me is too unfathomable to control.

The terror I seek to make is too amusing to hide.

I'm going to make them squirm.

Walking away from the bodies of water, I headed in the direction of the darkening storm, watching the wind blew the dust and snow to a direction I cannot follow.

The moon is no longer looming, it is hidden, barely a crest.

As my steps increased, going to reach for the specific item I've discarded, my fingertips gently picked it up, rolling it neatly between my hands.

The time-watch is half cracked and wet, barely working.

It wasn't hard.

Forcing the black lights to obey, it penetrated the delicate metal, allowing the nanites to crawl back into the space of gears, recreating itself all on its own.

Within seconds, the time-watch is working and good as new.

Humming, I wrapped it around the back of my palm and secured it tight.

Already, the cuts that once lined my skin were all healed, the only thing left was my scar.

I've come to accept it will never heal.

Looking ahead of myself, I lifted one palm.

The black lights swirled forth and forward, creating a sparkling black mandala that separates into different directions.

It weaves, it creates, it designs and slowly, a black hole began to open up.

Still got it.

Putting my hand down, I felt the darkness as it began to settle on my skin, submerging itself deep within as though ensuring I was who I was.

It slowly glided downwards towards my arms, my chest, my abdomen, my torso, my legs.

The black material sticks to me like a second skin, the shine on it not of leather but of something else, something unknown.

It manifested a hood over my head, covered my face with a veil of black shadows.

A mask to hide.

The cut out of my scar is changed, turning smaller, sizable to see but not big enough to make a statement. I felt the molecules from the shadows go to rest on the top of my collarbones.

It elongates, creating armored spikes, a level of royalty.

Everything finishes with my cloak of shadows, the material trailing behind me.

Stage three.

I lifted my fingers, twisting and turning my palm to appreciate what I have.

Welcome back, Darkling. Space.

It had certainly been a while hasn't it?

"Did you miss me?" The portal is swirling, reflecting an odd color against my face.

The others are waiting. Space.

"I know they are..." Clenching my fists to my side, I am barely able to contain the urge inside me to destroy.

"I just have to do... one thing first."

Walking into the portal, the black hole snaps close behind me and I'm rushed forward, my abilities bringing me to my destination.

The feeling is familiar.

I want to release it, break it, shatter it, kill it.

Kill, kill, kill, kill...

"This is going to be fun,"