Chapter 51

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Sam Tinnesz- Heart of Darkness)

A/N 

Hopefully the past few chapters weren't too emotional for all of you, ;)

Marvel Quote:

"You know how to fly this thing?"

"We'll see."

"That's a 'yes' or 'no' question."

Said Nicky Fury to his first adopted daughter, Captain Marvel.

Several hours later and a lengthy discussion of who had my attention-Natasha won because, well, it was Natasha-we finally got to the point of why we came here in the first place.

"Now, we know what it sounds like..." Anty was attempting to explain the entirety of his story.

From the five hours to five years, to finding out everyone was gone, to almost having a heart attack when he saw how I was still alive.

It had taken him a while for him to put it to words but when he finally did, it garnered a reaction from Tony that I expected.

Of course he was glad that Anty was alive this whole time, it just meant that was one less person that wasn't lost to the Avenger's failure.

But despite the playful arguments we shared just earlier, I knew when it hit him.

It was visible in the way he walked, it was visible in the way he attended to his guests.

I could feel, the anxiety rolling off of him in thick waves.

It was suffocating.

Much more suffocating now that I am unable to control my abilities.

They were asking him to do something he didn't want to.

"Tony, after everything you've seen," Steve took a moment to breathe as the question loomed over our heads.

"Is anything really impossible?"

Tony placed the pitcher filled with coffee onto the patio table before casually pouring the drink out into separate glasses.

He was thinking, mulling things over.

Finally, after filling the glasses he picked one up and held it in between his fingers.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition... can we agree on that?"

It meant there were too many variables that could potentially blow up in people's faces.

While, I understood his references, Anty, Steve and Nat all looked puzzled.

Science was barely in any of their fields so it was completely understandable that they were lost.

Tony gave Steve the glass of drink which made the super soldier voice out a quiet; "Thank you."

He goes to pass everyone their drinks.

When it was my turn, I took it but didn't bother to take a sip.

My sleep schedule was already out of whack, drinking Coffee would heightened things.