Chapter Three

Ochaco sat on the floor of the gym and scanned her notes as she chewed on her bubblegum.The girl had slowly been trying to open Izuku up over the past few weeks but much had not come of it.The boy would talk to her during lunch and sometimes at hero training,but that was only if she engaged the conversation,and that frustrated her.The girl saw something she could not explain in him and she was determined to get to the bottom of it.The game of cat and mouse began when she tried hunting the grassy haired boy down after school for a week and could never find him-Midoryia seemed to disappear from the world.But luckily the friendly girl discovered his after school sanctuary-the gym.At first Ochaco had planned on just talking to him,but she could tell this would be much more difficult.Firstly she had no interest in interrupting his training,but also he trained for obscene stretches.After a few days of walking off she decided to play a waiting game and do her school work while he workout,but every time the moment of truth came by she would always get cold feet.The girl would open her mouth to say something,but nothing ever came out.This nervousness was unusual for the social butterfly.

Uraraka peered over her binder and watched Izuku train in his black pullover and watched him closely.As the brunette watched him she had an epiphany and sprinted out of the room and ran up the stairs.

.....

Izuku was curling a dumbbell when he felt a tap on his shoulder.Midoryia placed the weight down and turned around.The boy was greeted by the image of Ochaco with a pink sweatband around her head,a simple black tank top,and grey joggers.Izuku cocked a questioning eyebrow at her and tried his best not to smile at the image.

Uraraka frowned at the boy."Do you not want to train with me?"

"W-W-What?"

"It's just you're always workin' so hard so I figured why not train with the hardest worker."

Izuku stoopd up from the bench and asked a question with a slight blush spread across his cheeks."Wh-Why with me?"

The short girl laughed at him."I just told ya why."

Deku grabbed the bridge of his nose as he replied."I know-but...if you want to change how you train shouldn't you like talk to a teacher?"

Ochaco furrowed her brow at his attempt to avoid her."Why would I do that when I've got a Deku to make me strong."She then flexed.

Izuku couldn't hold in his laugh."Okay I guess we can train together,but I've never done it with someone before."

"Really!"

Midoryia shook his head no."Never had anyone to train with."

"Well were gonna change that today."The girl then smiled at the boy."Sooo what's first?"

Izuku scrunched his face as he thought of an answer."Are there any weaknesses you want to address?"

"My stamina is kinda low I guess."

"Okay-we can do cardio."

.....

Izuku stood in the opposite corner of the ring stretching his limbs."Deku why are we in here?"

"Boxing is really good cardio."

"But I don't know how to box."

"I know you can fight,I've seen you do it during school."

"Yeah-but that's martial arts."

"If you're in a real fight anything that hits them is good enough-so let's go."Izuku walked out of his corner and into the middle of the ring and watched as Ochaco struggled to put on her gloves."You don't need those."

"But if I hit you it will hurt."

"Well then I'll have to doge it."

Ochaco gladly accepted the invitation to discard the gloves and walked to the middle of the ring.The girl then stared at Deku for a few seconds before throwing a punch.The boy easily evaded the attack and motioned for the girl to try it again.Ochaco could not land a punch on Midoryia as he glided across the ring every time she threw a strike.After three minutes the round ended and Izuku looked at her as she huffed."You're really fast."

"I have to or else I'll get pummeled."

"You have to?"

"Yep-your techinique has to be the best if you don't use your quirk."

"Wait you don't use your-"

"Nope."

"B-B-B-But why?"

Ochaco watched as the boy mulled over his answer.A few seconds later and her responded with cold eyes."Because it's dangerous."

.....

Uraraka sat on the bench and sipped on her sports drink as Izuku finished up his last set of push-ups for the day."We should do this more often."

"Do what?"

The girl smiled at him but he was unable to see it."Workout."

"Why's that?"

"Well I have never really focused on it because my quirk doesn't involve it but if I was to do this with you three times a week I'd get in real good shape."

"I feel like there's another reason."

"Well I also want to hang out with you more,so why not kill two birds with one stone."

Izuku finished his last push-up and sat down on the floor.As the messy haired boy responded he looked up at the girl with confused eyes."Y-You want to hang out with me?"

"Totally you're super nice and awesome even if you don't like to show it!"

"B-But all I do after school is train and study."

"Well then we'll study together too.We will be like a school acing team."

"I don't know about that."

"Come on Deku!"

The teen let out a loud sigh."Fine."