Book Two: Chapter Four

There was a loud bang as the man's head slammed into the bottom half of the granite island. Blood seeped out of the back of the man's head and down his bushy, green hair. Izuku tried to focus on the tall man walking through the doorway but his vision was blurry from the collision and he could only see the outline of the man's figure.

.....

A loud bang sounded throughout the house and Ochaco jumped at the sound. The woman looked down at her confused son and kissed the boy on the forehead."I need you to stay right here."

"B-B-But-"

"Just do it for Mommy."

"Okay," conceded the young boy.

.....

The tall man bent down and picked up Izuku by the collar of his shirt and looked into the man's jade eyes."You should have blocked that kick." The man then slammed Deku through the hard island. The solid object crushed under the man and Midoryia groaned in pain. The man standing over Deku then tried to stomp on the man, but Izuku avoided the attack by rolling. The blond man was going to say something else, but stopped when Ochaco tried to jump on his back. The man ducked and the woman rolled on the ground and to her feet. The dark-eyed man looked at the woman and observed,"You must be Ochaco." 

The intruder shifted his focus from the woman and to the man still laying on the floor. The man picked up Izuku and threw the father out the opened front door. Deku tumbled down the stairs and into the wet grass. Izuku coughed up a small bit of blood and slowly stood to his feet. The man then rubbed his head as a killer ache began to pulsate inside his skull. 

The blond man walked down the stairwell with Ochaco on his back and beating on him. The man was unfazed by the attempts to harm him and blocked the punch Izuku threw at him."You're fast for a human, but  you should be much quicker." The man then kneed Izuku in the gut."And more durable."

The man carrying Ochaco flipped the woman off his shoulders and onto the ground. The woman tried to get up, but the man clinched his left fist and a set of dark chains surrounded the brunette."I'd like to not hurt you."

Deku gasped in pain as he felt one of his ribs crack. The man cringed from the feeling of his broken rib and wiped away the lone tear of blood flowing from the corner of his mouth."Who are you !"

"Hoga Guisu."

"You're related to Dakyoi aren't you ? I see the bind you have on my wife."

Hoga looked back at the woman and muttered."I could see why you have made that mistake Midoryia ?"

"What ?"

"I'm not an ally of that retched man."

"T-Then why are you trying to kill  me and harm my family ?"

"I just want to see if you're the man I believe you are." Guisu then disappeared in the blink of an eye. The man traveled to fast for either Izuku or Ochaco to see, but he reared his fist back and aimed it at Midoryia's stomach. The blond's first stopped a centimeter from Deku's stomach and a gust of wind sent the man flying into the air. The tall man stood up and ended his imprisonment of Ochaco."It seems you can't call on your Akupayi anymore."

.....

Izuku sat on the couch with Ochaco next to him. The man was battered and held an ice pack to the side of his head. Midoryia shot the blond man sitting on the couch across from him an annoyed glare,"Why'd you come here ?"

"Because the world needs saving Midoryia."

Ochaco held Izuku tight and asked,"What do you mean by saving ? And why would you come here of all places ?"

"I think saying the world needs saving is pretty self-explanatory ."

"This world is filled with heroes; what do you want with me ?"

"Don't tell me you thought it all ended that night," lightly chuckled Hoga.

"You're talking about Dakyoi."

"Yes, I imagine the man warned you before ..."

"He said something about his death unleashing an evil on the world, but I didn't think much of it at the time. I figured it was some nonsense he was spouting so I wouldn't kill him."

The blond man placed a hand on his chin."He was always full of himself, but never a coward"

Izuku put his ice pack down on the cushion of the couch."I-I'm not the same guy I was eight years ago."

"Is that what you believe ?"

" I can't even use my curse anymore."

"Your curse, by that do you mean Akupayi ?"

"A-what now ?", questioned Ochaco.

"Akupayi, it is the power that the man you call Dakyoi bestowed Izuku with over ten years ago"

"He never...told me its name."

"If I was a betting man then I'd put my money on he didn't tell you many things."

"I wouldn't put it past him," muttered Izuku as he stared down the strange man in his house.

"Midoryia, I believe that your connection with the power was severed when you battled all those years ago."

"If it was severed then why do you want me ?"

"Severed maybe wasn't the right word, think of it like a battery. You and Dakyoi charged each other, but that came with a threshold you couldn't past. During you two's battle you both went past it and paid the price. So all you need to regain your Akupayi is a taste of the power once again, but this time you'll be stronger than you could ever imagine."

"Oh no, I'm not going with you on some crazy adventure when I have  a wife and kid. I put all of that behind me years ago."

"I'm shocked to hear that from you. All I've ever heard was stories about you putting yourself before others and always willing to make the ultimate sacrifice."

"That was when I had nothing to live for; I was some kid that wanted to find his place in the world."

"Hmm, it seems you aren't the man I was looking for." Hoga stood up and turned to walk out the door.

Ochaco turned to Izuku and said,"If this guy is tellin' the truth than you need to do somethin'. Don't let me and Akito keep you from bein' a hero again."

Deku knew the woman was right and felt guilt the moment he denied to help the odd man. Izuku raised his hand and called out,"Hey, I need to ask you one question." The answer would decided Izuku's future.

Guisu stopped at the doorway and turned to face Midoryia."What would you like to know ?"

"Why did you wait eight years to find me ?"

"Because Midoryia, it takes a long time to travel between worlds."