Chapter Fifteen

Izuku couldn't the get the sounds out of his head.He kept on hearing the crumbling of a building and whimpers of pain,but when he looked around there was nothing-only darkness.The nightmare had been playing over and over for so long he had lost track of time.It seemed like he had been suffering for an eternity,but then it ended.The painful sounds disappeared without a trace,and were replaced by a fain beep.Seconds later the boy stirred awake and was instantly blinded by a light.It shun directly into his eyes,and once a whiff of sterilizer made contact with his nostrils he rolled over.The sudden movement sent him flying of the tiny bed and onto the cold tile floor below him.A loud smack sounded throughout the entire room,and this caused Recovery Girl's head to whip around.The short woman scurried over to the healing boy and placed a hand on his back as he tried to stand up."You're going to-"

"W-Where's Uraraka?"Izuku's voice was weak,but still laced with worry.The boy stood up before the woman could answer and sat back down on the simple bed he had just left.Midoryia then placed his freckled face in his hands accompanied the action with a loud yell."God dammit!"Deku let out a groan as his hands slid down his muddy face and cliched his fist."I should've killed that bastard when I had the chance!"

The small,wrinkled woman tried to assure the boy."Midoryia you must calm down there's-"U.A.'s nurse threw her hands up to shield herself from rouge debris as Izuku plunged his right fist into a nearby wall.

"He fucking used it!"Izuku had begun to ignore the woman by him and started shouting his thoughts."That evil damn move of his!"

"Midoryia!"The usually calm woman's change in demeanor caused Izuku to turn his head."She's not dead."The words were meant to calm the boy,but they didn't do that.Izuku saw the sorrow in the woman eyes and knew it wasn't as simple as Ochaco being good as new.

"But...?"

"There was-"

A soft voice interrupted the woman."Deku?".

"I'll leave you two to talk".The woman knew of their complicated relationship and though it'd be best to let them talk.The gray-haired woman then walked out her office and closed the wooden door behind her.

Izuku turned his head to look at Ochaco,but she wasn't there.The boy then looked down and saw his friend in a wheelchair.The image it the boy like a truck and he was speechless.Deku was choking on guilt and he couldn't get a single word out.Uraraka gave the boy a smile."I-It's not as bad as it looks.Recovery Girl did wonders..."The brunette's voice then grew lower."...But they said I have nerve damage."Her words caused Izuku to lower his head and the boy used all of his remaining strength to hold in his tears."They think I'll be able to walk again with physical therapy and with Mei Hatsume's help maybe even do hero work again."

Izuku didn't care about the physical therapy or some extravagant invention that could undo the damage."I-I'm...so sorry."The boy's words were thick with emotion and shaky.

The faint sound of wheels rolling could be heard.When Izuku's watery green eyes saw her he lost any control over his tears he had.The sight was too much for him.The boy fell to his knees and buried his head in the girl's chest.All of his bottled emotions over the years came out.The tears leaked down his freckled cheeks and onto her plain,black t-shirt."I-It's all my fault.I shouldn't have left..."Seeing the girl had made him realize the truth about running from his problems."If I had stayed All Might would be fine,no one would've been hurt,and you'd still be perfect.B-But now you can't ev-even."The girl wrapped a small,tender hand around the back of the boy's head and pulled him closer.

Uraraka had never seen Izuku so broken before.She had always suspected he hid his true self,but she had never expected him to be so emotional.She couldn't wrap her mind around why he hid them,her parents had always told her hidden pain only made it worse,and it was those words of wisdom that made her realize what he had put himself through.Ochaco began to feel her own tears stream."It's okay,this isn't your fault."Her words only made Deku's guilt worsen.She was the crippled one,yet he was the one in tears and a mess."I said I'd be there for ya if you wanted to talk right?"

"I know,but I should be the one supporting you."

Uraraka placed a pale,slender hand under the boy's chin and lifted his head.The pair's eyes locked and sparkled more than usual due to the effect the lights had on their teary eyes."Were best friends and best friends are always there for each other."

"B-But I wasn't-"

"That doesn't matter now.All we can do is stand by each other for now and grow."

Izuku wiped the tears from his eyes and sniffled."Right.."He then wrapped his strong hand around Ochaco's."We'll get better...together."

Author's Note

Oracle Ochaco?