Chapter Five

Izuku sat in the leather seat of the bus and looked out at the cloudy sky.The sun was blocked by the fluffy mounds and Deku could only stare at them as the bus traveled across the road.The messy haired boy felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see one of his only friends,Tenya Iida."Are you okay Midoryia?"

Izuku could see the concern in the tall boy's eyes through his thick glasses."Y-Yeah...just thinking is all."

"About?"

Midoryia shrugged his shoulders."How the trip is going to go I guess."

The class representative placed his hand on his chin."I see-you are wondering about what Aizawa wants us to do on this trip."

"I've never been camping so this is going to be different."

"You've got nothing to worry about I'm sure we will be supplied with sufficient materials to make it through the next three days."

"You're right-there is nothing to worry about."But Izuku had a feeling in the back of his mind that what he had just said was not the truth.

.....

Shota stared at his students with strained eyes and ordered them,"Get off."Class 2-A complied and left the bus.Almost all of the students had smiled on their faces and many were having fun conversations with their peers.Deku stepped off the bus and looked over to the green wonderland of vegetation.North of the Forrest was a mountain range with ice caps blanketing its peaks.Izuku snapped his head back to the class when his teacher called for their attention."The goal of each group over the next three days is to safely pass through this wild-land and make it to the destination.Each group will be provided with necessities and will be given a unique path-any questions?"

Mina Ashido's hand instantly shot up."Will we be picking our-"

"No!The groups have been chosen by me and their will be no complaints."The tall man then pulled out a sheet of copy paper and began to run down the groups."And the final group will be Midoryia,Uraraka,and Sero."

Ochaco bumped Izuku's side with her hip and whispered to him."We're in a group ain't that great."Izuku nodded his head and looked into the deep abyss that was the forest.

.....

"Jeez Midoryia are you going to say anything?"The lean boy was questioning Izuku as he walked with the map in front of him.

"Let him figure this thing out Sero."

"But we've gone in like four hundred circles!"

Deku looked up from the paper and replied to his classmate."We need to take a left in a few meters."

"Do you even know how to-"

"Deku is smart so he'll figure it out."Ochaco then took a left into the mass of trees.

Midoryia cracked a half-smile as he realized he had got them onto the path."This is right."

Hanta let out a groan."Thank God!"

Izuku put up his hand to motion for the group to stop,but Ochaco had been in the lead and had not seen the signal.The girl continued to walk and when a snap happened Izuku tackled her to the ground.The boy winced as he felt the blade slice his back and looked down to make sure Uraraka was okay."Deku-w-what was that for?"

"What the fuck was that?Why is there a booby trap here?How did you know it-"

"I saw the wire out the corner of my eye."

Ochaco was confused by everything and looked to her best friend for answers."What happened?"

"Someone put out a trap and it almost killed you."

"What?"

Izuku asked Hanta a question."Is it safe for me to get up?"

"I-I-I think so."

Deku stood up and stretched out his hand for Uraraka to grab.The sweet girl accepted the gesture and was pulled to her feet by Izuku."Are you okay?"

Ochaco answered him quickly."I'm good."

The black haired boy was bewildered by Midoryia's calm demeanor."Are you not totally confused by what just happened dude?"

"I think it's pretty obvious what's going on-someone's wants to kill us and we need to watch out.So I'm taking the lead from here and you two will stay behind me no matter what."

"B-But Deku you're hurt."

"I'm fine it's just a scratch."

"That's a serious cut!"

"We need to get going because if we fall behind who knows what will happen."

"We have bandages!"

"I'll deal with that once we find somewhere to settle down."

"He's right Uraraka."

The girl's eyes we filled with concern,but she knew deep down the two boys were right.Ochaco frowned at the truth and conceded to Izuku.

The grassy haired boy took the lead and cautiously walked through the jungle.The groups eyes all looked for sign of a trap and slowly walked through the Forrest.They all cautiously walked over any wires set up and after two hours found an open area where they could set up camp.

.....

Izuku sat on a log in the cold night and looked directly into the moon.The only sounds that could be heard were the rattling of something,Sero's obnoxious snore and the wild life residing in the vegetation.The log Midoryia sat on creaked as Uraraka sat on it.Deku turned to look at her and saw the first aid kit resting on her lap."I don't have a choice do I?"

Ochaco stifled a laugh."Nope."

Izuku sighed and pulled his shirt over his head.Ochaco's eyes widened as the moonlight shun along his many scars across his body.Uraraka bit her tongue so she didn't ask the question that was burning in the back of her mind.The girl instead flipped open the plastic box and sorted through the box until she found the bottle she was looking for.She grabbed the bottle and also picked out a white cloth.The girl gave her friend a warning before pouring the medicine on his back."This may hurt a little."The brunette then poured the clear liquid on the cut as she held the cloth under his cut.The girl then reached back in the box for a wrap of bandage,but stopped when Izuku said something.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"I know I was being stubborn earlier,but it was because I didn't want either if you to get hurt."

"It's fine."

The girl then began to wrap the bandage around Izuku as he talked again."It's jut I'd rather it be me to get hurt than you."

Deku had admitted his reasoning when she was in front of him and the girl stopped wrapping the bandage around him and looked up at him.Her eyes locked with his as the moon glared down on them."You shouldn't talk like that you have me and the rest of the class so you don't have to get hurt."Izuku stayed quiet and looked down at the dirt as she fished wrapping the bandage around him.Ochaco fastened the bandage around him and opened the flap to her tent before walking in."You should get some sleep because tomorrow is going to be a long day."